Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Bike of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rain, again. Go figure....Gray skies, cold wetness falling from the sky, and its been a week of the same thing. I feel the dullness creeping into my soul, can't get on the Bonnie and shake it out on the two lane backroads that serve as my own private therapy room....

I see my baby sitting in the garge, her headlight looks at me sadly, as if to say "Come on, man, whats wrong? Don't you like me anymore? Why am I just sitting here?" I open the door and sneak out to her side....Run my fingers down her seat, caress the tank. Yeah, I know she's just a machine but try and convince me she's got no soul! Throw a leg over the saddle...Key in, choke out...Lights come on, punch the button.....There it is, that loud t***** sound, not a bit of hesitation, right to life she goes. We just sit there a minute, grooving on the sound echoing off the walls, smelling the dust and oil burning off the pipes. I rap the throttle out a few times.....That gets my wifes attention, she peeks out the door, asking what I'm doing...."Nothing." I say as I flip the ignition off.....Dismount, back into the house. As I go in the door, I look back at the bike....Does her headlight look a little happier? I think so.....With a wink she promises me that it can't rain forever, we WILL have our day in the sun again!

God bless the motorcycle!!!!

[ This message was edited by: Copper on 2006-11-23 09:36 ]

·
Registered
34 Posts
Call me an imbecile, but I went out anyway today. No dumb Nor'easter 's gonna get in my way. 'Course i had to pull over every ten miles and warm my hands with the engine heat.

As long as I take it easy, watch out for the temperature to drop too low for fear of black ice. And dress for it. I can still get a few good miles in.

Fortunately, nobody is out driving the backroads on Thanksgiving morning.

·
Registered
194 Posts
On 2006-11-23 15:36, robpassman wrote:
Call me an imbecile, but I went out anyway today. No dumb Nor'easter 's gonna get in my way. 'Course i had to pull over every ten miles and warm my hands with the engine heat.
You're a brave man. I can do cold, or I can do wet, but cold, windy and wet?? Nah. Tomorrow and Saturday are supposed to better. I'll wait.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Nice sunny Thaksgiving day. 70's for highs. Light winds. But I drove the Caprice to my Sister's house. Go figure. 22 MPG.
Need to get saddle bags I guess. I will ride the next 4 days before the weather changes. Supposed to be lower 20's Tuesday. We will see how brave I am then. But we need the rain & I would be glad if we got some.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Man oh man, copper, talk about making me feel guilty. After reading your post I had to go out in the garage to make sure my Bonnie was OK and still liked me! With all this rain I have had a tough time getting in my first 500 miles - they pile up slow since I've been sticking to 35 to 45 mph roads.
But today it didn't rain so Bonnie and I headed out and got some much needed ride time in. I'm sure she appreciated it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.