Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rain, again. Go figure....Gray skies, cold wetness falling from the sky, and its been a week of the same thing. I feel the dullness creeping into my soul, can't get on the Bonnie and shake it out on the two lane backroads that serve as my own private therapy room....

I see my baby sitting in the garge, her headlight looks at me sadly, as if to say "Come on, man, whats wrong? Don't you like me anymore? Why am I just sitting here?" I open the door and sneak out to her side....Run my fingers down her seat, caress the tank. Yeah, I know she's just a machine but try and convince me she's got no soul! Throw a leg over the saddle...Key in, choke out...Lights come on, punch the button.....There it is, that loud t***** sound, not a bit of hesitation, right to life she goes. We just sit there a minute, grooving on the sound echoing off the walls, smelling the dust and oil burning off the pipes. I rap the throttle out a few times.....That gets my wifes attention, she peeks out the door, asking what I'm doing...."Nothing." I say as I flip the ignition off.....Dismount, back into the house. As I go in the door, I look back at the bike....Does her headlight look a little happier? I think so.....With a wink she promises me that it can't rain forever, we WILL have our day in the sun again!

God bless the motorcycle!!!!

[ This message was edited by: Copper on 2006-11-23 09:36 ]

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
sorry to hear about the bad weather copper, if it's any condolence the weather here is 60 and sunny. I'm riding to my parents' house for Thanksgiving dinner and then my old man, my brother, and I are going for a Turkey day ride!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Rainy and raw in Jersey. A northeaster is so slowly grinding by. 42 out, and feels 35. Rest of the weekend is supposed to be nice, so there's hope......

·
Registered
34 Posts
Call me an imbecile, but I went out anyway today. No dumb Nor'easter 's gonna get in my way. 'Course i had to pull over every ten miles and warm my hands with the engine heat.

As long as I take it easy, watch out for the temperature to drop too low for fear of black ice. And dress for it. I can still get a few good miles in.

Fortunately, nobody is out driving the backroads on Thanksgiving morning.

·
Registered
194 Posts
On 2006-11-23 15:36, robpassman wrote:
Call me an imbecile, but I went out anyway today. No dumb Nor'easter 's gonna get in my way. 'Course i had to pull over every ten miles and warm my hands with the engine heat.
You're a brave man. I can do cold, or I can do wet, but cold, windy and wet?? Nah. Tomorrow and Saturday are supposed to better. I'll wait.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Nice sunny Thaksgiving day. 70's for highs. Light winds. But I drove the Caprice to my Sister's house. Go figure. 22 MPG.
Need to get saddle bags I guess. I will ride the next 4 days before the weather changes. Supposed to be lower 20's Tuesday. We will see how brave I am then. But we need the rain & I would be glad if we got some.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Man oh man, copper, talk about making me feel guilty. After reading your post I had to go out in the garage to make sure my Bonnie was OK and still liked me! With all this rain I have had a tough time getting in my first 500 miles - they pile up slow since I've been sticking to 35 to 45 mph roads.
But today it didn't rain so Bonnie and I headed out and got some much needed ride time in. I'm sure she appreciated it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.