Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

Thanks to a friend I could take measurements of a radiator guards for Tiger 955i. I changed the design a bit (put the triumph logo and added a cut for easy fit with HEED bars installed.)
The guards are made of 1mm tick steel - stainless (not polished) or powder coated. Laser cut, machine bended.

If anyone is interested the set costs 30GBP stainless(not polished) or powder coated. Could be posted worldwide.
I can also provide the drawings.

3D model images attached.

P.S. I am not intending to do business, but rather help to the ones that a reluctant to spend a "fortune" on guards from some aftermarket manufacturer. :)

Cheers

Stoil

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you take some measurements of the cooling radiator dimensions and mounting points we can figure out.
About the oil cooler, I know it is mounted vertically. If the mounting points and dimensions are same it should fit.

I am now testing the guards on my own bike. Just want to verify it does not prevent from proper cooling. Give me a few more weeks. :)

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The new guards are finished and they provide very good air flow and protection. I have tested even off road and ambient temperature about 33 degrees.

Because of the welds the new guards are made of 1.7mm thick steel. The grid made of is stainless steel, welded to the frame and powder coated all together.

I changed the design of the oil cooler guard and now gives some protection to the bottom part of the radiator.

Guards could be painted in any RAL colour.

Sadly but it costs a bit more because of the additional welding operation and labour. The prise is 45GBP/50EUR for the set and 13EUR worldwide postage.

If anyone is interested let me know. :)

P.S. Guards could be painted in any RAL colour.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The new guards are finished and they provide very good air flow and protection. I have tested even off road and ambient temperature about 33 degrees.

Because of the welds the new guards are made of 1.7mm thick steel. The grid made of is stainless steel, welded to the frame and powder coated all together.

I changed the design of the oil cooler guard and now gives some protection to the bottom part of the radiator.

Guards could be painted in any RAL colour.

Sadly but it costs a bit more because of the additional welding operation and labour. The prise is 45GBP/50EUR for the set and 13EUR worldwide postage.

If anyone is interested let me know. :)

P.S. Guards could be painted in any RAL colour.

I'm interested. I'll pm you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just checked the radiator oem number and its different. Therefore I think it will not fit Sprint ST 955. Sorry.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hello,
Need to place a manufacturing order. It will take a few weeks. Please PM me your delivery address.
Anyone else interested to get a set, so I can order more? :)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts