Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are lots of tire threads here. Lots of discussion, lots of advice, but very little that talks about tires that will fit the Adventurer.

It's time for me to shop for tires again. I've currently got a pair of Dunlop GT 501's. I've got about 13,000 miles on them so can't complain about mileage, but the front started to cup a few K back and wanted to try something else.

The tires most have recommended on this forum aren't offered in sizes that will fit the Adventurer. I haven't found any radials at all that fit. Most here seem to like Avon, I'm leaning toward the Venom.

What do other Adventurer owners have and why do you like them?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I use the Metzler ME880.
This is my second set.
The originals were some sort of Michelin and I wasn't to crazy about how they stuck.
I've kind of cafe`d my bike so I do some knee dragging and they do stick real well.
They give good feedback as you can drift both wheels in a hard corner.
They wear very well although my first set I really put the gas to and they didn't last as long as the current set.
I've got about 10 K on them now and no signs of needing to think replacement.
I won't be able to give much more of a review on them soon, as I am in the works of collecting the parts to replace both front and rear with 17" wheels.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have Kendas on my Adventurer. They seem fine to me, though I can't say I'm terribly discriminating... They were installed in 2008 by the former owner of my bike 'gregp' who used to post a lot to this forum. I think he had some posts about these.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I'm thinking about changing my rear to a skinny Mickelin Sirac, cause my riding of late is more biased to dirt roads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts