Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 Piece vs 2 Piece , any comments , Im in the market and want to know the pros and cons of both....

·
Registered
125 Posts
I pieced together 2 separates of different brands. If I were only doing track days, I think I'd have gone with a one piece. I like the flexibility of the 2 pc. though.
I don't have to get fully geared if I don't want to with a zippered set. I can just throw on the jacket and off I go. You may want to check with the track for gear regulations before a purchase. I think some will only allow a 1 pc.
The one pc. is supposed to offer more protection in that it should have one less failure point, which is of course, the zipper.

·
Registered
138 Posts
When I was doing just trackdays, I used a 2 piece for the above mentioned convenience while streeting it. Just make sure you get one with a full circumference zipper as that's all most orgs. allow.
Racing necessitated the purchase of a one piece though.
Don't be afraid to shop around. I got a brilliant closeout SPIDI Fighter 2 piece for $400 (just more than half retail) from www.mawonline a couple years ago. The deals are out there.
Cheers, Lee S.

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
I think comfort is better with the 1 piece. Plus it is a little safer. I actually got a 2 piece and want a one piece now. The reason as the others, it was nice to have the seperate jacket for when I was just cruisin and didn't want to where full leathers. At that time I was too broke to afford a 1 piece and a regular jacket.

here is where I am going to get mine.
More Power Racing

I am going with the AGV 1 piece. A good price. I got my suomy helmet from them at just a bit under $300 shipped and had it within a week. And needed to contact their customer service and had a good experience with that as well.

[ This message was edited by: TechmanBD on 2006-11-29 10:11 ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts