Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought these bars from 02S3 a few months ago. Just got around to installing them.

At first I wasn't sure about the fit. I've got them swept back pretty aggressively creating the potential for knuckle-crunching tankslaps. I haven't loctited 'em yet as I'm not 100 percent about the positition. With the nice weather we're having (sorry to rub it in itchin) I've been able to get out and give 'em a try.

I've got to say that these bars IMO are awesome. They are in a position between the stock bars and the Woodcraft clipons (which I'd preferred over the stock bars) that allows for a comfortable cruising ride and a quick tuck for when conditions change to "go fast".

By the way... I'm selling the Woodcrafts in the classifieds in case anyone is interested. :wink:

·
Registered
397 Posts
They look great Andy.

I've got an old set of them in the shed and was thinking about trying them on the Triple.

The great thing is they are soo variable.

I even had a set of round nuts with a slot cut in them made so I could run them without the middle riser.

AA

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the commments guys.

amberale -
If you do try them out please post some pics. I'd like to see what they look like without the risers and I've received a couple of emails from guys wondering about the fit on the 05+ Triples. I'm sure they'd be plenty interested in seeing how they look on your bike. :wink:

I'll try to post a couple of better pics when I am able to take some.

·
Banned
798 Posts
Andy and Amberale,

I just received an email from Omar's, they have these in 7/8s size. Will that fit the 05 S3 clamps, throttle and switch gear etc.?

Thank,
kjazz

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not positive on the 7/8's kwajazz. I've been at work all day but when I get home (if I remember) I'll check 'em out and post.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Mine are old 7/8ths Brevettatos. They need rechroming so I'll probably buy some more if I decide to go this way.

They feel good though.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Sorry Cap'n that's just the lighting.
It's a black anodised Rizoma with an opaque view slot that I haven't replaced with a piece of perspex or lexan yet.

AA

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Ahh, I'll stick to my guns and say that all speed triples should have clip ons!

But seriously, they look really sharp on your bike Andhedrew

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I actually got mine from a user here, 02S3, but they are sold in the States at a place called Omar's.

I think they are around $130 plus shipping new. Omar actually makes his own version of clubman bars too.

I've gotten a couple more opportunities to ride with them and find them to be very comfortable... the most comfortable of the 3 sets of bars I've used so far.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts