Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

My 08 R3T seems to have a very short range. Riding around town, the fuel light came on tonight at 80 miles, and the computer said I had about 35 left. On the road I believe it comes on at about 120ish, again with 35ish left. I have only had it for 3 days now, but the 4 or 5 times I have filled it, I only get about 3 gallons in, leaving me 2 gallons, right?

So, all city nets me about 30mpg; all highway nets me about 42mpg. This seems to be in check with what I have read.

I guess what I really want to know is how far do the rest of you get? For what its worth, it also has the TOR exhaust and the proper tuning (I assume the tuning is correct as I bought the bike as a demo unit from the dealer with the pipes installed).

rash

·
Registered
6 Posts
R3t Range

I Get About 39 Mpg When I Ride Hard & Fast; I Get About 40 Riding Like I'm Suppose To. I Say 39 But Actually About 185 With 5 Gallons & I've Got As Much As 211 With 5 Gallons. Everything Stock With Some Accessories, I'm Not Loud And Proud But I'm Quiet & I Got Muscle Ha Ha I Sneak Up On Them I've Had 2 Other British Bikes,2 Harley's 1 Import Cruisor & 1 Import Tour Bike........

My Rocket Iii Touring Is By Far The Best & Fastest Bike Yet

·
Registered
752 Posts
I've gotten to about 135-140 before the fuel light comes on, out on the highway. Around town, I haven't let it run that far down. I usually top it off every other day (120 miles) when I commute to work. I'm all stock by the way.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I get 38 to 40 MPG and ride two up all the time. When you fill your tank next time make sure it is on the side stand, you can't get it full if it is sitting straight up. It won't get you anymore MPG but it will get you a lot further down the road.

Trapper

·
Registered
114 Posts
I get 130 miles of city driving or 200 on the open highway. After my break-in tune-up I get 40mpg on the open highway and 27-28 in stop & go city traffic. Ya got to remember you're riding a car with a seat on it. 40 mpg on the highway would seem impressive in a car.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i understand the mileage thing as compared to a 'normal' sized motorcycle engine. it just seems that my tank light comes on awful fast. i'd take it in to be adjusted, but i just don't want to be without the ride for that long. so, i am looking for ball park figures.

so, what i need to do now is find the time and decent weather to make a highway run to get that hammered out and i'll be fine. just don't want to have to walk on that first long trip because the light comes on so early it is just something to ignore.

thanx all,

rash

·
Registered
13 Posts
Once you get the full syn in the case your mileage will go up. Only a couple mpg's but it will go up. And the more you break it in the better the mileage should get to a point.:D

mutt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts