Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

Registered
2017 T120 Bonneville in Black
Must admit to have "fallen in love" with her back in those days, or was it lust?
Shame that she always thought that she was not good looking.
She was excellent in the James Bond film On Her Majesties Secret Service, usual poor acting by Telly Sevallas and the "one off Bond" forgotten his name, wasn't he Australian, used to advertise Fry's chocolate on the telly, running around with a large box on his shoulder. (Big Fry) :unsure:馃槀馃槀馃槀

Registered
馃様馃槬

Reactions: Stratofaster

Registered
And the "one off Bond" forgotten his name, wasn't he Australian, used to advertise Fry's chocolate on the telly, running around with a large box on his shoulder. (Big Fry) :unsure:馃槀馃槀馃槀
George Lazenby

Registered
The Avengers was the coolest show I ever watched when I was young. She was great in it.

Registered
2018 Street Triple RS
IMHO, although negatively panned, I found 鈥淥n Her Majesty鈥檚 Secret Service鈥 to be one of the best Bond films ever. In this movie, it humanized/deepened the stereotypical James Bond with his relationship (and eventual marriage) to Tracy (played wonderfully by Rigg); a totally underappreciated Bond film because of George Lazenby鈥檚 only Bond appearance, the movie is bigger than Lazenby.

A great John Barry score too with the great ski chase scene/music and Louis Armstrong鈥檚 鈥淲e Have All the Time in the World鈥. BTW, I saw this movie in the original 1969 release as a teenager and it holds up quite well, even today.

And Emma Peel is still the coolest spy, ever.
Dame Diana, rest well.

Registered
She took Mary Tyler Moore's place in my adolescent "spank bank"...smoked a pack a day for fifty years...RIP.. d rigg.jpg

Registered
Maybe 20 years ago I was listening to a NPR interview with the writers or creators of the Avengers TV show. It was mentioned that programs like this need a character to get men to watch or man appeal often referred to as ''M'' Appeal. When they chose Ms Rigg as the M Appeal they decided to go with that as her characters name, Emma Peel .

Registered
I've been a Diana fan since "The Avengers" was first broadcast in the states. She was sexy, classy, beautiful, funny and incredibly charming. She was a great actress and as far as I can tell a wonderful human being.
Goodbye, my love.

Premium Member
2017 Triumph T120
Reactions: BSA BIKER

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #19
Chapeau melon et bottes de cuir.
French name for Avengers. She was so hot.
In german it's 'Mit Schirm, Charme und Melone' - with umbrella, charm and a bowler hat. Completely missing the point that although Steed was alright (no disrespect to Patrick McNee), Emma Peel was undoubtedly the best thing about the show.

Registered
Thinking the 60's US show "Get Smart" may have been influenced by the more witty and urbane "Avengers"...
Don-Adams-Barbara-Feldon-1967-Get-Smart.jpg

1 - 20 of 37 Posts