Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stock fork cartridge on the Speed Triple is one of the worst designs we have ever seen, the fork cavitates massivley and because they push a huge amount of fluid through tiny ports they are extremely harsh.... Well thats it!!!! I'm putting those Hyosung 650 forks on my bike Bugger the cost!!!

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
More important a quote...how much to fix it? Racetech lists the Gold Valve kit at $399, but, although it's Racetech only installation, I'm guessing labor is extra.
Maybe if I turn the heat down to 45 F I'll save enough to pay for it...

BTW, those Hyosung's are likely the same as first gen SV's, so you'll need help from Racetech on those too!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
The stock fork cartridge on the Speed Triple is one of the worst designs we have ever seen, the fork cavitates massivley and because they push a huge amount of fluid through tiny ports they are extremely harsh.... Well thats it!!!! I'm putting those Hyosung 650 forks on my bike Bugger the cost!!!
I got a price to do mine, but just can't justify the cost. Total NZ$1609 ouch!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Quote from Ohlins

Yep..the speedy IS harsh...probably to withstand thrashing riders since it's a stunt bike too.

I emailed Ohlins and told them I wanted springs for my 08 speedy with a 205 pound 6'2" rider that rode aggressive street only.

This was their response:

Matthew,

We offer a set of stock replacement springs, part # 08770-95. These are a 9.5 rate set of springs that should help out drastically on your speed triple. You may also consider installing our 20mm piston kit. Works wonders for the aggressive street riders without all the expense of dedicated race products. If you have any questions about these options, let me know and I can put you in touch with our service and road race department to help you out.

Best regards

Matt Sage
Öhlins USA
(828)692-4525

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yep..the speedy IS harsh...probably to withstand thrashing riders since it's a stunt bike too.

I emailed Ohlins and told them I wanted springs for my 08 speedy with a 205 pound 6'2" rider that rode aggressive street only.

This was their response:

Matthew,

We offer a set of stock replacement springs, part # 08770-95. These are a 9.5 rate set of springs that should help out drastically on your speed triple. You may also consider installing our 20mm piston kit. Works wonders for the aggressive street riders without all the expense of dedicated race products. If you have any questions about these options, let me know and I can put you in touch with our service and road race department to help you out.

Best regards

Matt Sage
Öhlins USA
(828)692-4525
So Ohlins do do a valve kit for the 08 speed triple?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More important a quote...how much to fix it? Racetech lists the Gold Valve kit at $399, but, although it's Racetech only installation, I'm guessing labor is extra.
Maybe if I turn the heat down to 45 F I'll save enough to pay for it...

BTW, those Hyosung's are likely the same as first gen SV's, so you'll need help from Racetech on those too!
Joe, I hope you realise I was joking about the Hyosung forks!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts