Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
My dad had a couple of Pather outfits when I was kid. The little lever on the timing chest is an exhaust valve lifter to reduce the compression for starting. The outfit on eBay looks like it's had the left hand exhaust port blanked off. That was quite a common thing to do when you fitted a sidecar. The left hand exhaust pipe maybe got in the way of the chassis mountings. Nice outfit, though :)

·
Registered
874 Posts
Saw one of those on a recent club run. But it was the "de luxe" model with the twin headlights. It was an oily rag original with minimalist sidecar.

Once the rider/driver got it wound up it went like the clappers:D

·
Registered
7,175 Posts
Not sure how that Exeter UK registered bike is for sale in Slovakia.Beware of the seller asking for shipping money etc applies.It would fetch a lot more if someone sent it back to Exeter.Something not right here.£6000 easily.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The smell

" I love the smell of a fantastic ebay deal in the morning...............it smells like ....rip-off!)
With apologies to Francis Ford Coppola

·
Registered
7,175 Posts
Had a word with the local Panther club man today.He said he knows the bike well and will ask the owner if he knows how his bike can be in Slovakia and Thorverton,near Exeter UK.Apparently it is tucked away for Winter in his house in Thorverton.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts