Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don and I have noticed lately a lot of you when are quoting another post that you in general are quoting the whole post including pictures.

This means sometimes in a thread we can have a huge post being quoted when you only wanted to refer to one sentence or worse have a large photo which is reproduced.

We would like to ask you all to take a little time when you quote another post to;
a) delete the photo in your quote so it is not being reproduced
b) delete the lengthy parts of a quote that you are not referring to.

We would appreciate this if you could all help.

Thanks from Don and Dave:)

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
I havent done the 'quote' thing too much when posting/replying here, but on my two truck-club websites I noticed people do that alot (include the whole message when replying, instead of shortning it to what they wana reply to)

It took me a while, but 6 or so months ago I learned to delete the unwanted parts and only include what Im replying to. Makes it so simpler. Thanks for the heads up guys.....keep up the great work :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
If you have ever belonged to a forum that has a lot of restrictions
about pictures and content, you realize what a gigantic pain in the
butt you are in for if you make these guys start saving space by "force".

Listen to them while they are asking nicely. Thats all I've got to say...

MD

·
Registered
258 Posts
Good point, I only need to see the pic once ;) Also, it really aggravates me when people don't read the thread from the beginning and ask a question that has already been asked and answered earlier in the thread. I've read some very long threads that could be considerably shorter if people took the time to read them from start to finish before posting :mad:

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Common guys

Hey Don & I don't write this stuff for the fun of it guys.

I just looked at a thread where two regulars here quoted something on the same page and copied a great big photo each.:mad:

It is not really that hard, c'mon give us a hand here will ya?

DaveM:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts