Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in mid september I was able to get the bike back on the road and was mechanically back together. Thanks go entirely to OnD Decosse and Doc for giving me extensive rebuilding help as well as stellar deals on parts.

Come Dec 25 I will have in my possession all the parts to make my bike completely stock. (sorta, the upper left fairing will be silver momentarily.) I would like to thank Judas on getting me a great deal on his fairing, thanks to oldsprint03 for the windsheild, and to Decosse for keeping his eye out for parts. Decosse's help brought me the side fairings for an unbeleivable price.

Now all that is left is to pick a paint scheme. My thoughts currently are to return her back to the stock tornado red, which I've grown to love. Or go with my original plan and paint her a deep black cherry candy red so that it looks black until the sun hits it and you see the red pop out. Perhaps even running a solid white or cream stripe up the middle. I'm not sure yet, sooo

Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions on a paint scheme, or better links to pictures of bikes with graphics and the such?
Thanks Guys
Tom

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Red,
Despite the trajedy of a crash reading you so lovingly putting her back together and seeing everything you have learnt has been a real joy.

I would either out her back to red or do something less flashy then the black cherry stuff. I have a few ideas....

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
I gotta say, I do like the idea of seeing your Sprint painted in a scheme like that Rob North Trident. I love the red Ducati monsters with their white stripe, but that's sort of a Ducati signature look. The Rob North paint job would be similar, but all Triumph.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
79 Posts
I saw a 'one-off' 1050 in British racing green about a year ago. It looked stunning. So good that Bruno from Triumph reckoned he'd be using the colour sometime in the future. That's the way I'd go given the 'opportunity'

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I do like the Tornado Red. I think Triumph has done a pretty good job with distinctive colors that make them a little unique. One off colors can never be compared because they reflect so much of the riders tastes making it of great difficulty to replicate.

Sounds like you already have most of it tornado - stay with a proven good looking bike

·
Registered
554 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the thoughts guys, keep em coming.

I really love the tornado red, but the reason I need to paint is because the new fairings I'm getting are scratched and one is silver. He says they're not to bad but i want this thing to be cherry(nice) by spring.

I'm now leaning towards the rob north scheme. Using Tornado Red for the red to pay homage to the stock color. I think thatd be the custom look I want and be original (sorta) But I've always had a major soft spot for BRG, maybe a BRG with black and gold pin stripping. The problem is I want a classic triumph scheme but most of the classic bikes dont have fairings. So the real problem is what to do with the fairings?

I need to get photoshop and work some stuff out.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Glad to hear the bike is almost done. The tornado red looks great on the Sprint, I wonder how pearlescent tornado red would look.

Or if you want to get wild look at doing a polarized paint job I've seen it on a lot of cars but have yet to see it on a bike. It would be pretty cool to see a Sprint change from blue to gold and a few other colors depending on the angle you look at her.

Sticks

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks total panic. mines a 99 but your work gives me much inspiration as the candy apple green looks absolutely sick. I've always had a soft spot for that color too. AHH I don't know what to do.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
The green....... oh man does that look good.

The other paint job I really like is the quasi racing lotus Aston Green and yellow that the other fellow did on his. Very cool.

I will say I am leaning towards that North Triton scheme. Really beautiful.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Red
As long as you have to repaint it why not do something different rather than stock color...i do really like your idea of a deep black cherry, have not seen that on a bike but it could really work, perhaps with a cream color accent like you mentioned. The other idea would be a british racing green (not the bright Kawi green) with perhaps cream accents. Anyway, make it yours. have fun deciding.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What is mystic crazer and the other one?

I cannot stand flip flop and chrome illusion paints. Or the super high metallic that lowriders use.

I'm leaning toward a deeper red pearl with gold and black lettering, and probably doing the North triumph scheme. Thinking super pearl white.

It'll be sick, cant wait to get the parts and start the work.

·
Registered
107 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
lotus scheme

As Calliway mentioned the paint scheme I came up with is on this thread;

http://www.triumphrat.net/sprint-forum/97224-rimstripes-4.html

I say do something to make it your own bike, like nobody else has. I get comments almost everytime I go out, it makes you feel good when people appreciate your work.

Sprintboy

1 - 20 of 89 Posts