Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I assume this is correct, but is there no gasket left between the header pipe and the 3 prong trident mid pipe? I see that I'm supposed to remove the existing gasket, but its a PITA to get out. Just want to make sure I'm not supposed to be salvaging it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just read pacnw's thread, and it seems like I don't need the gasket for the Trident midpipe. For those using sealant, there do you apply it? Inside the existing header pipe, or on the outside of the trident midpipe?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Did you use a gasket sealer there? I just installed the D&D and had a hard time getting that same spot to seal. I have not used a gasket/sealer but may if I do end up taking it back apart because of this...

·
Registered
554 Posts
Just read pacnw's thread, and it seems like I don't need the gasket for the Trident midpipe. For those using sealant, there do you apply it? Inside the existing header pipe, or on the outside of the trident midpipe?
Doesn't really matter but if in doubt put some on both pipes, don't need much, a thin layer about 1cm wide (1/2 inch) use your finger to smooth it out. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts