Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to give a quick thank you for all the info i have been reading up on so far.
Got my Street a week and a half ago and bloody love the little thing.
I have found the throttle to be rather jerky. But sure it wasnt like this on my test ride so after a bit of reading on here decided to have a look at my cable slack well give it a good 6-10turns this morning and its lovely again, a little bit firmer to twist but so much smoother. All i can assume is the dealer slackened it off on the PDI.

thanks all

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Enjoy your new Streety :)

Look into the Speed Triple 1050 throttle mod which will help a lot with throttle control and keep the slack taken up on the throttle cable while she breaks in.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Congratulations on your Street Triple!

I wanted to let you know that the sensitive throttle is rather very common on this piece of machine. First of all, there is nothing wrong with it.
If you got your Street Triple with less than 2,000 miles on it, is all very tight right now. As time goes by, everything gets settle (break in period).
in a little while, you'll get to know your new baby very well, and the riding will become second nature and won't notice the sensitive throttle anymore!....puff, gone!

Be safe and have lots of fun riding, what a fun Motorcycle that the Street Triple is... !

·
Registered
56 Posts
You will get used to the throttle. It will teach you GOOD throttle control.
Careful applying throttle too harshly. It is mighty easy to spin the rear tire.:D

If you can master the throttle on this bike, you will have no problems up grading to a liter bike in the future, if you choose to do so.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi the jerky throttle is now sorted think there was to much cable slack.
I actually downsized from a 1050 sprint to this street, certainly don't find it lacking compared to the big triple.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts