Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

101 - 120 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
I just did this 22CENTS throttle mod to my bike last night.. Hole mole did it need it:
http://www.triumphrat.net/triumph-supersports/176720-tt600-quick-action-throttle-question.html

10x cheaper than the R6 throttle tube.
No need to cut/grind cable housing.
Took me long to sand the PVC cut-out than to disassemble and assemble the whole chebang.

I did crazy glue the "adapter" in place with a few dabs. Nothing that can't be undone.

Even considering stepping up the OD to be close to 40 or+. Atleast now i can reach WOT without having to change my grip - which is really shady when you try to break/rev match.

-etxx
This!

I've done this to my ZX10 in the past and it works might fine. Nice thing is that you can fine tune the ramp up of your throttle opening by sanding down the curvature of the PVC to your liking.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This!

I've done this to my ZX10 in the past and it works might fine. Nice thing is that you can fine tune the ramp up of your throttle opening by sanding down the curvature of the PVC to your liking.
that last part is a good idea. I actually still want a little bigger insert for faster WOT. I'm going to combine both.
*i'm on a speed four so not so torquy down there.. but i do have to watch out for ridiculous power surge at 3k -.- triumph's own vtec

happy moddin

·
Registered
379 Posts
that last part is a good idea. I actually still want a little bigger insert for faster WOT. I'm going to combine both.
*i'm on a speed four so not so torquy down there.. but i do have to watch out for ridiculous power surge at 3k -.- triumph's own vtec

happy moddin
I wanted to keep the low throttle oppenings controllable and it was on a first generation ZX10...that thing made the Speed Triple seem almost scooter like.

·
Registered
960 Posts
i got rizoma grips used off a member and it only came with one cam, and im pretty sure its not the big one. anybody know if i can order the cams serperately?

·
Super Moderator
21,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #106

·
Registered
428 Posts
Just installed the Rizzoma Sportline grips on my 2011 S3. Used the largest cam, and I did not have to adjust the cables at all. My cables were a touch loose though. Seemed to reduce the twist needed to go wide open. The hardest part of switching out the grips was getting the clutch side grip off. Just beat the rain, so have not tried it out yet.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just installed the Rizzoma Sportline grips on my 2011 S3. Used the largest cam, and I did not have to adjust the cables at all. My cables were a touch loose though. Seemed to reduce the twist needed to go wide open. The hardest part of switching out the grips was getting the clutch side grip off. Just beat the rain, so have not tried it out yet.
I'm curious how you like it. I have a hard time pulling the throttle fully open so this could be a nice alternative. Could you make some shots indicating how much less you need to pull the throttle?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I saw this and got an idea. I have a yamaha 2-stroke dirt bike and the throttle tubes are very similar. I put one on the bike I had laying around and it fit with no mods done to the housing. It has a larger pull diameter.

·
Banned
947 Posts
something to consider

the quick throttle mod causes the throttle cable to make a sharp bend right at the barrel.

I have been broken down beside the road, twice because of a quick throttle

I think I have had 4 broken throttle cables in over 30 years of riding (street and dirt), and two of those were within 2 1/2 years of each other. Both with different throttle assemblies, but both with a quick throttle mod.
I would hazard a guess that 65% of the broken cables I see in the shop have this mod

If you decide to do this, add throttle assembly inspection to your regular maintenance regiment

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Yes. Except with a good tune and throttle cables with zero slack the pickup is not abrupt at all. You can soften the pickup further in TuneEdit by richening the overrun mixture a bit.
Kindly elaborate. I'll be tackling this abruptness on my '03 955i (S3) in the next couple of weeks. We can take this off-thread if you like.

:cool:

101 - 120 of 152 Posts