Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
I use them on my 02 Bonnie and I love them>I ordered mine from newbonneville.On my Corbin Smuggler I have to re-tighten them quite often but on the standard seat things work much better.The standard seat bolts are a pain in the ass if you need to remove the seat .

·
Registered
10,209 Posts
If you make any seat bolts "hand tight" you'll eventually lose them. The long ones are convenient for other reasons, but you still have to snug them down.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have them on my 09 Bonnie, they work good and look good. I also have the companion bolts for the side covers. As Marty said, they still need to be snugged occasionally. I try to check all 4 after each ride, haven't found one real loose yet, but I guess it depends on your finger strength.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
(2) 6" pieces of metric threaded rod, 2 lock nuts, 2 knobs...All available at Ace Hardware for less the $8.00. Works flawlessly.
Never need retightening. Though I applaud the effort that went into making them....they are not worth anything near $25.00

·
Registered
37 Posts
Pics?

(2) 6" pieces of metric threaded rod, 2 lock nuts, 2 knobs...All available at Ace Hardware for less the $8.00. Works flawlessly.
Never need retightening. Though I applaud the effort that went into making them....they are not worth anything near $25.00

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
First picture is installed with Corbin King Queen Seat...there is only two bolts...the rest is reflection in my chromed Thruxton Fender

Picture two is with them removed from the bike. You can trim the length if you like...

This is the second generation of these...I made my first set out of rethreaded eyebolts...for less then $5.00

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
If you make any seat bolts "hand tight" you'll eventually lose them. The long ones are convenient for other reasons, but you still have to snug them down.
agreed, i lost both screws in the first week.

they will fit with a seat cowl but the knurled ends will scratch the bottom lip of the cowl if you're not careful.

i experimented with R-pins, spring cotter pins, etc... but wasn't quite secure enough. now i'm just twist tying wire to hold it down. hehe, it's a cheap solution but it works and you don't see it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Why does everybody need to take the seat off Mine only comes off when I need to change the battery or have the fuel tank off and thats not every day.....I find the stock bolts O.K. with a long ball headed Allen key, whats more some scrote cant nick you seat unless he has the tool!.....It has happened******

·
Registered
10,209 Posts
Why does everybody need to take the seat off Mine only comes off when I need to change the battery or have the fuel tank off and thats not every day.....I find the stock bolts O.K. with a long ball headed Allen key, whats more some scrote cant nick you seat unless he has the tool!.....It has happened******
Access to the battery, removal of the tank, as you mention, and I have three seats, so I swap them out occasionally.

·
Registered
269 Posts
It come off for various reasons; usually cleaning. Sunday I broke down and needed to get the seat off but of course I didn't have any tools with me...mostly because I'm a moron.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Saddle Bags and the tank bag need to come off when I wander...as well for Elizabeths weekly bath.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have the chrome ones on my Thruxton. Not an essential item, but makes life a little bit easier and looks trick.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
http://garysriding.shutterfly.com/740

2 sets of 2 , less than $10 at local fastener store.
Those look really slick. I'll have to hunt those myself.

In ref. to other posts, my seat comes off 3-4 times a week for various reasons.

And I wish the vendors would stop calling them "quick release." They're tool-less, but not quick release. That's misleading. I almost paid the money until I looked closely at the pics.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts