Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone steer me to a parts manual that includes the parts break down for a quick release hub. (I have the Kim the CD Man's Triumph cd). I have a quick release hub I'm thinking of rebuilding to maybe use on a later project but haven't seen any breakdown in the manuals I've looked at and it needs a few parts.
Thanks,
Jim.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
jimmy , the factory parts book for my 67 t100 has a blowout of it . it's replacement parts cat. # 8 for the 500's .

cheers , Woody

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Woody. Mine might not be a Triumph hub. The hub itself looks different than what is shown in the manual. It is not a spool shape with flat flanges on either end for the spokes like shown in the book. The flanges of this hub where the spokes pass through are not flat or vertical. They makes a wavey circuit around the hub, like some one crimped the end of a cylinder. There are 10 waves or bumps on each flange with a spoke coming out of each side of each bump. It looks like it would require spokes of equal length and angle. Kinda hard to describe. If I had a digital camera I'd post a pic of it. Guess I need to get one. Any way, thanks again.
Jim

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
might think about looking for bsa stuff . if you could supply a pic .....

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was just at the Buchanan Wheel web site drooling over their alloy rims and happened to look in the BSA section. They have a picture of a quick release hub that looks like my hub so... "Anybody got a parts break down of a BSA quik release hub they could lend me?" and will it fit in a Triumph swing arm? Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Being as the BSA and Triumph were made by the same company, I'd bet money that the BSA Q.D. rear hub is the same as used on the Triumph. I've seen a lot of BSA's at the meets and have seen a couple of U.K. spec Triumphs as well, and they look identical. I'd love to find one for my '70 (actually did once, but the owner wasn't willing to do a swap for the one on his bike).

From the mindless vacuum of the "village idiot": Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts