Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up a 955i ce
never had a bike without fuel guage before
what is average tank range ?? more important how much left when light comes on ???.
also back brake feels weak is this normal??

·
Registered
311 Posts
just picked up a 955i ce
what is average tank range ?? more important how much left when light comes on ???.
most modern sport bikes dont have fuel gauges. they just have a fuel light. My Ducati was a night mare because the fuel light would come on at 1/2 a tank or wouldnt come on at all !!! Had to make sure i alway filled up. Havent paid attention to the range, but you have arount 25miles when the light comes on. Im sure someboy will give more answers.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Hi killa45..........I ride an 04 955i, can tell you for sure at hiway speeds with general twisiting of the throttle, I get an average of 200-220K on a full tank before the light comes on, I know for a fact with the light on I can do 48km.After that ..........no idea.
.Oh........that is roughly $14.00cdn for a tank full at .92 cents/liter of the high grade fuel

hope this helps

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
killa45, It's unlikely that everybody's low fuel lamp lights at the same level or engine get the same MPG. Owner's manual shows a 5.8 (22 L) US gallon tank with 1 (4 L) gallon 'reserve', really after lamp is lit.

Mixed riding ~ 140 miles 'till low fuel lamp lights. Once the lamp lights I go into economy mode and I'm good for ~ 25 miles. You'll get the hang of it after a couple of fill ups.

Brad

·
Registered
214 Posts
just picked up a 955i ce
Rear brakes are a little on the weak side, I think there are some mods on the form for this condition.Just do a thread search. I just put a aftermarket master on mine made a word of difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts