Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys , I am curious , what other model bikes utilize the same 3 cyl as the Thunderbird?

I tried to search , with no results.
Thanks to all!

·
Premium Member
3,790 Posts
The TBird series, TBird, Adventurer, TBird Sport and Legend are externally different than the Urban sports. The internal components are very similar. TBird series is detuned so some internal parts are slightly different.

As Al said they are all the same basic motor, and most parts can be interchanged.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
The TBird series, TBird, Adventurer, TBird Sport and Legend are externally different than the Urban sports. The internal components are very similar. TBird series is detuned so some internal parts are slightly different.

As Al said they are all the same basic motor, and most parts can be interchanged.
....and believe me I have interchanged them and it works!

·
Registered
49 Posts
So all in all...

The early Hinckley model Trident, Speed Triple, Daytona, Tiger, Trophy, Sprint, all used the 885 motor that had the same external look for a bit.

Legend, Adventurer, TBird, and TBird Sport all used the same 885 with the same external look.

Like it was stated before, a lot of the internals were similar.

For example, I used to have a TBird Sport with Daytona pistons and liners, with Speed Triple cams.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts