Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

What are the loudest aftermarket pipes out there. I have the staintine reverse sones and they sound great, especially with a healthy twist of the right wrist, but I havent heard too many other pipes. I havent even heard the origional peashooters, they are still unused in teh box!!

So what is the loudest out there???

·
Registered
154 Posts
I can only comment on the differences between stock, Triumph TORs and Norman Hyde Togas.

Stock: sewing machine
TORs: nice crisp note, still not really loud, and very silent from rider's perspective when idling or cruising but sound great when accelerating hard.
Togas: deep, throaty and loud. Adds a low rumble to sound from rider's perspective at all speeds. Really belts out the noise under acceleration of any kind. Probably twice or three times as loud as TORs, especially without the supplied baffles. :-D

I've heard that D&Ds are the hooligan pipes of the lot. From what I've heard in vids and samples of the other pipes, most of them *seem* to be somewhere in the Toga region for loudness. Difficult to tell from a vid/MP3.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
D&D's are the loudest aftermarket production pipe...they require re-packing and can get quite tinny sounding.

Predator's..( on my bike )...are rather peaceable until you crack the throttle. They bark pretty good, mine seem to have gotten louder. Mechanical baffle, no re-packing needed.

Specialty Spare's reverse cone mega's are louder than the preds but again need re-packing, and dont have the throaty rasp of the preds.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I currently have 3 different exhaust systems and I'm waiting on a set of TOR's.

1) D&D's are extremely loud even for this deaf old man

2) JCW Dunstall's loud but no near as bad as the D&D's
they have a very nice rumble on fast deceleration.

3) Stock just to quiet

[ This message was edited by: wenzel850 on 2006-11-14 08:02 ]

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Bubs are nice sounding and LOUD,louder than DnDs or Predators.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
As suggested above, Bubs & D&D's are the loudest.

I made some straight through pipes with 'Big City Thunder' baffles, and fish tail tips. The pipes were VERY loud, but the fish tail tips made them LOUDER and VERY ANNOYING. I even Dyno'ed it at TWO different Dyno's at 70 hp at the rear wheel..... but I believe BOTH machines were going through software problems, so I can't believe the results.

The pipes in this video are modified D&D's with a Big City Thunder baffle and JC Whitney 3" baffle at the tip of a straight through pipe:

Sound is delayed from image

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Yep, the D&D and the Bub set up which includes the header pipes aret the 2 loudest pipes I know of-I cant stand to ride behind my buddy with his BUB megs and I am told my pipoes are really loud too!(D&D) Enjoy as the Democrats are getting ready to take all
the fun out of life as soon as they can.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I ran a set of Specialty Spares Peashooters on my T-100 for 2500 miles, and they were much louder than any D&D's or Bubs I heard. They were even louder than my son's 1100cc V-Star custom with Cobra straight pipes without any silencers. No packing needed on them since there was nothing in them to start with. :-D I would suspect the Specialty Spares TT pipes would be even louder, if that's possible.

The best sounding silencers that I have heard on the 360 degree motors, IMHO, are the NH Togas, Predators, & Raask--in no particular order of preference. I don't like the sound of the D&D's, Bubs, or Specialty Spares.

G

·
I think the Teardrops may be the most high pitch and annoying at high RPMs. Hey Grand prix 125 is your bike a Bonne Black painted yellow?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have the Sprint/Emgo teardrops, which are REALLY loud. I had to purchase internal baffles from JC Whitney. I like the sound now though!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts