Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning...

Booting around yesterday, I noticed quite a bit of carb poppage on my bike. It was one of those days where there is high heat and humidity, then 20-40 minutes of rain, then sun (and so on). Just wondering if the thicker moist air was the cause?
:cool:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Here in the North East it's rained 22 out of 26 days so far and the humidity is thick . I too have been getting some popping on the decel at times possibly due to the humidity . No biggie though . Not gonna kill your bike . Slippery @ss roads will though. :BadMood

Dude , whoever added all the new smileys is cool in my book .
:QuitComplaining:Troll:BritishFlag

·
Registered
234 Posts
seen it before too

When I was running the CVKs, that happened to me too, fortunately I have a A/F gauge on my bike and could see what had happened. The top end mains had gone rich and I had to reduce the size from 142 to 138 and the pilot area had gone very lean which is what causes the popping. You can open the pilots 1/2 turn and the popping will be greatly reduced. The rich top is hurting your high end performance as well.

Hoopla

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
most of the time its low baro pressure that comes with those high heat high humidty days that causes the bike to go rich.humidty dose that to but no where near as bad as low air pressure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts