Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am installing a new Beowulf low mount muffler on my 03 speedie , lovely muffler however there was no instructions with it and as I am doing the install myself I have a couple of questions:

The new midpipe when I slide it onto the OEM header pipe to the point where the oem muffler originally ended seems to have a bit of play/movement in it its not a snug tight fit is that normal? The midpipe end is slotted so I guess that once the clamp is tightened it should be ok?.

the rear muffler strap that goes around the muffler body, do its mounting tabs fit and bolt up behind the rear passenger hanger peg assembly or bolt onto at the front where the OEM pipe was?

if anyone has a photo that might help I would be grateful.

Many thanks for your help,

Regards

Tobycatz
2003 S3 955i
Wellington
New Zealand

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Rob

I installed the muffler last night managed to break the new header clamp so used the old one. I used silicone sealer on the header to mid pipe join but not on the muffler to mid pipe join I am hoping that's alright it was a snug fit and I tightened the clamp as much as I dared will fire her up soon to see if everything is ok.

Cheers

Tobycatz NZ 03 S3

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update, I went for a ride and the new pipe sounds awesome it rides and idles ok there is some decel poping but it's not bad Beowulf state that remapping isn't required i,m not sure so should I take it to the dealer for another map anyway? Tors maybe? If anyone can recommend a map? that would be great ,if I run it with the stock tune is it likely to damage my bike or does the Ecu automatically update?

Many thanks
TC
NZ S3 955 03

1 - 4 of 4 Posts