Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I think I posted my last question in the wrong place but anyway here are my questions.
What the heck are Norman Hyde Bellmouths? What do they do and how do they work to improve?
The same question for the Freak??:eek: These two mods are new to me since my last round of upgrades in '05 which include K&N air filter snorkel removed box intact. K&N carb kit, Thunderbike Pipes and LeatherNeck Jims saddlebags with EZ Brackets. Finnished up with some tasteful chrome parts from Triumph.
I also changed my front sprocket from a 16t to 17 but I'm changing it back to orig. The legs were too long and you loose the launch.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Hey there my fellow Albertan!

A bellmouth is the part that lets air into the airbox and keeps the airfilter in place.

If you want to see blow ups of that kind of stuff go to www.bikebandit.com and choose your bike and you can see the fiches for it.

FREAK, I beleive, is another name for a air box removal kit but I could be wrong on that.

I hope you are planning to go to Nelson RAT raid this year. Info is in the RAT Canada portion of the forum.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Calliway,
The new Triumph web site advertises this piece( Bellmouth) as a must for power gain. I'm curious as to how and why and how noticable. Yes the Freak is the name of some airbox replacement that looks pretty cool but what do you gain and what is sacrificed.

As for Nelson, I have not been able to go to a Rat Raid yet because of work schedule but I have been able to make it there in the later weeks of August. I will be going again for this my 4th annual ride.

One has not lived unless they've rode the 3A :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts