Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. i have my 08 bonneville t100 safely hibernating in my garage right now. i know that we are still in the middle of winter here in ohio, but i have a few questions about getting it ready to ride again. first off, let me tell you what i did to put it away for the winter. per other posters advice, i put the battery on a tender, washed/waxed the bike (left the wax on to protect the finish), applied to chrome polish to wheels and exhaust (also left on), sprayed wd40 on the engine and in the exhaust pipes, put plastic bags on the ends of the pipes and in the air intake, filled gas tank up and filled with stabil, ran engine for several minutes to circulate gas/stabil and then turned petcock off and ran the carbs dry. with all that being said, what do i need to do to get it ready to ride again? obviously, i need to wipe off excess wax and polish, get an oil change, and replace battery, but what about the gas? should it be emptied out and replaced with new gas or should i just run it as is? this is the first time i have ever owned a bike so this will be my first time bring a bike out of hibernation. if i need to drain the gas tank, how do i go about that? step by step instructions would be appreciated. thanks, keith

·
Registered
10,632 Posts
I simply start it and go. I put in fuel system treatments with the first few tankfuls, don't know if it does anything but it makes me feel better.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Stabil

The whole point of Stabil is to ensure that your gas is fresh in the spring, so I would not replace your gas. I did the same thing last winter and everything was fine. Running it out of gas was a good move, but next year drain the carb bowls as well- it's super easy on our bikes.

Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts