Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, new to this forum. I just bought a 66 T100SR and I can't seem to find out too much about it. anyone have any info on this? production numbers or any info...thanks!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
What you have is a 1966 model T100SR (Road) 500cc Tiger. Built in November 1965 and shipped to Triumph Corporation, Baltimore. Colours were Tank: Sherbourne Green / Alaskan White, lined gold. Fenders: Alaskan White with Sherbourne Green central stripe, lined gold.

This was the first year of the new frame, tank badges,rear light and WHITE handlebar grips.

Mmmmm nice bike.
Roy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info. i can tell you i now have chrome fenders and black hand grips. any idea about production numbers on this bike?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, slight problem. the bike started stalling and running very rough and the guy who sold it to me (whos also a mechanic) suggested it could be the condenser. if thats the case, anyone know how i can get to it? im a newbie and this is my first bike, so sorry if thats a dumb question!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Hi Oddball. There are two condensors and they are behind the chrome cover on the timing chest. Your bike should have the 4CA contactors and the condensors are attached to these. They are the small barrel shaped metal lumps with a central bolt at one end and a foot tab at the other.
To check to see if they are ok, look at the faces of the contact points. If they are black or burned, change the whole lot, points and condensors. Or better still, convert to electronic ignition and lose all the points, condensors and advance / retard mechanism.
Roy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok thanks for the help dagad. it tuned out to be a loose wire under the tank but now i have a couple good condensers for whenever they decide to go!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Odball

It was nice to meet you and your dad last night at Walmart. The bike looks great. Nice to see the younger generations are into the classics. Maybe I'll see you out there someday. Don't forget that there are a lot of great British bike shows here in CT.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts