Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,
I have'nt been on here in a while and it's a little exciting to see the enjoyment of owning and tweaking these great machines is going great.
I have a couple of questions for ya if anyone would care to answer for me. :confused:
I have a '05 Speedmaster thats been slightly tuned. I've seen some topics on here about mods that include a "Norman Hyde Bellmouth"?
I looked it up new Bonnie but what is it, what exactly does it do and why?

Also the Freak??!!,:eek: has anyone installed it and what have you found over stock box with the snorkel removed and a K&N filter which is how mine is set up. I have also done a K&N carb kit and ThunderBike Pipes.

I have also switched from 16t to 17 and this spring I'm switching back. Legs are too long and I lost my hole shot.(speed is not an option, its mandatory)

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts
Hey there,
*snipped*
I have also switched from 16t to 17 and this spring I'm switching back. Legs are too long and I lost my hole shot.(speed is not an option, its mandatory)
I've heard that the 17 tooth works much better after installing open pipes and airbox removal, re-jet, etc. as it requires more torque - something that's missing from the stock setup. But even then, you still might prefer the hotter holeshot to the more relaxed highway gait.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put the 17T on in the spring and put just under 5000 K's on last year. With the longest ride being 2000k round trip. On the highway it is a decent set up although I would have to gear down when I needed to pass something. I found that through the mountains I was doing alot of shifting as compared to the 16T.

Fuel milage was a little better but I did not buy this to sip gas.

I look at the SpeedMaster as a beast waiting to be unleashed. Give it a few goodies and you have an instant Street Rod. It reminds me of my grand dads old 2 door '70 Chevelle. It had a 396 in it but the way he drove it you'd swear it had a straight six.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts