Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've just fitted a pair of 2nd hand (i.e. no instructions) Arrow tungsten/stainless cans to my 08 Triple. Everything seems ok (& oh what a sound) but I'm not confident about the spring retainer thingy.

There's a stainless tube transformer that fits into the existing pipe & a ring clamp with a loop for the spring which fits over this transformer. It seems the can then slips over this transformer and the spring can then be slipped onto the loop on the can. But there's no gas tight seal.

Is this correct? V. grateful fo rany advice.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi, I've just fitted a pair of 2nd hand (i.e. no instructions) Arrow tungsten/stainless cans to my 08 Triple. Everything seems ok (& oh what a sound) but I'm not confident about the spring retainer thingy.

There's a stainless tube transformer that fits into the existing pipe & a ring clamp with a loop for the spring which fits over this transformer. It seems the can then slips over this transformer and the spring can then be slipped onto the loop on the can. But there's no gas tight seal.

Is this correct? V. grateful fo rany advice.
Posted this a while back - Look for the photos part down the page - hope it may help.

http://www.triumphrat.net/speed-triple-forum/96498-installing-arrow-dual-slipon-exhaust.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts