Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I laid down my Scrambler after 15 years riding. Rookie mistake too...loose sand in a turn.

Good news is, it was slow, I landed on my feet, and no serious damage. But I did manage to destroy my left foot peg and bent the left shock.

So now in the search for OEM replacements, I am curious if I can widen my choices. Am I correct that the Thruxton and Scrambler use the same length rear shocks? And also are the Scrambler and Bonnie driver foot pegs the same? I know the Scrambler pegs have a slight upward/forward bend from the mount before leveling out, but I can't tell if the Bonnie is the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
760 Posts
Yes, Scrambler rear shocks are the same length as Thruxton rear shocks. If you're looking for OEM rear shocks for a Scrambler, in one regard you are very fortunate and should have no trouble! So many Scrambler riders swap out the originals for aftermaket before they start riding that there are usually a new pair of OEMs on eBay or this forum at any given moment for $50 + ship. I figure I'm holding on to my own as spares, but many guys do sell them.

As far as the peg, they're $65 spanking new from the dealer (I've been down on a Scrambler two or three times, NYC's a tough town).

One thing - you may want to upgrade your rear shocks, and this may be the perfect time to do it. The ride gets a heck of alot better!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! Thanks for the quick info. I would love to upgrade, but it's going to be sitting a while as it is till I find some scratch for used OE.

At least this opens up the options a bunch. Scrambler specific searches don't turn up much. I just feel fortunate it wasn't worse.

Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts