Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm totally new in here. I bought a brand-new, 09 Triumph Thruxton two weeks ago and figured it worths the money to get an alarm for the bike. So I bought a Scorpio SR-i900, along with the free starter kill module, free perimeter sensor, and the free 'easy-installation kit'.
Anyway, I'm having difficulty on locating one of the wires which was mentioned on the instruction... So i'm stuck while trying to install the ignition disable module.

The Ignition / Engine control wire Options:

Option #2: Positive Lead wire on fuel injection system
Option #4: Ground wire from ignition module
Option #5: Positive wire from ignition module to ignition coil.
Option #6: Wire connected between the Ignition module and engine stop button.

Could anyone tell me which wire it is? Thanks.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I'm installing the same alarm in my '03 America once I finish my battery box, but my wiring has been completely re-done.

The engine kill switch is probably going to be the easiest for you. Grab an allen wrench and loosen up that throttle/switch housing(edit: been a while, maybe you just need a cross tip for the switch housing, I cant remember and I can only find the piece with the switches right now). See what wires are going to the switch(yellow w/ red stripe and red with gold dashes in my case with the 03). Pull back the shrink wrap at the connector(the white one for me, was inside headlight) and figure out what those wires turn into on the other side of the connection. Trace those far enough back that it'd be impossible to get to the splice without pulling the tank, pick one, cut it, and wire the ignition disable module in series. Make sure the idm can still reach to hook up with the main alarm unit. If not you need to find a different place to splice it in.

Roger

1 - 2 of 2 Posts