Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Thruxton R 2019, Rocket Roadster 2012
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you remove your phone from the quadlock wireless charger one-handed? I can't for the life of me do it. I can attach it one-handed, and I can attach and detach it to the simpler wireless charging mount in my car .... but not the bike one. I must be doing something wrong as I can't see anyone else complaining, but I have to reach behind the phone with my left hand and depress the spring loaded wireless charger before I can rotate the phone by the 1/8 turn to detach it.
Mike

·
Registered
Tiger 900 GT Pro Svartpilen 401
722 Posts
Have you set the mount up so the release triggers are pointing to the sides of the phone or to the top/bottom?

The car unit doesn't have the release triggers.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you set the mount up so the release triggers are pointing to the sides of the phone or to the top/bottom?

I will have a look in the morning, but I'm suspecting that my phone (13 pro max) is so large that the release triggers are hidden. Do they avoid using the simple press mechanism that the car wireless charger uses because it might not be so secure on a bike ?
Mike

·
Registered
928 Posts
I was under the impression that you dont need to press the sides; all you need to do is to press the phone downward then twist to release it from the mount.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

That worked - thanks. I've turned the mount through 90 degrees and can now push down on the flanges as I turn the phone to release. I must say the quadlock is more awkward than the RAm mount one-handed system I have been using, but since RAm don't seem to make an antivibration mount I have had to switch to Quadlock to protect the new delicate iphone. (Plus I like the poncho thing for riding in the rain - my bare phone previously would switch into non-relevant screens when drops of rain got on it, and the only way to correct it was to stop the bike.) ..... and the usbwireless looks more waterproof than the system I had rigged up myself
Mike

·
Registered
Tiger 900 GT Pro Svartpilen 401
722 Posts
I will have a look in the morning, but I'm suspecting that my phone (13 pro max) is so large that the release triggers are hidden. Do they avoid using the simple press mechanism that the car wireless charger uses because it might not be so secure on a bike ?
Mike
Their standard fittings have the big blue trigger that locks the phone. The wireless charger mounts have the triggers for the bike but not for the car mount. My guess is that the bike unit needs the extra locking security because it will get sharper shocks from the road. It might be possible that the car mount on a bike will sometimes bounce and twist the phone sufficiently to unlock it, but that must take a major bump in the road.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Their standard fittings have the big blue trigger that locks the phone. The wireless charger mounts have the triggers for the bike but not for the car mount. My guess is that the bike unit needs the extra locking security because it will get sharper shocks from the road. It might be possible that the car mount on a bike will sometimes bounce and twist the phone sufficiently to unlock it, but that must take a major bump in the road.
That's more or less what customer service at Quadlock have said.
Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts