Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really looking hard at the new Thruxton... I think it is possibly the best looking bike out there, and I have a easy question about it... Cruise control... Is that an option on a Thruxton?

Ive got an older Speed Triple and I dont really need the CC on it since its just an "around towner", but I would like to do touring on the Thruxton, and I've recently had my wrist fused due to a bunch of old injuries, so Cruise Control is pretty much a must if Im going to be riding for more than a couple of hours. SInce its ride by wire, there really no reason not to have it.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
I believe for the 2020 Thruxton RS cruise control is not an option nor the quick shifter. That's what I read on Triumph's descriptive site.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, there are only two new Triumphs that DO NOT have cruise control (according to a Triumph sales guy) One is the Thruxton. He said that he would call the Triumph rep, and see if they have anything planned for a retrofit, or future build. Since its ride by wire, it should be a pretty easy option to install, and the sales guy said he wishes they would do it... Lots of customers these days have had bikes with cruise, and once someone's used one, it makes a lot of sense.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts