Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Forum....

I have a pressing question that I'd like to get some of your personal take, on.

After a couple of years "thinking about it", I've decided to go out on the Motorcycle vendor circuit, working as a vendor in many bike and music festivals throughout the country.

Besides my graphics and decal work, I'd like to put this question to you all.....Are there any products or services that you'd patronize, or even look for? What would get your attention to cause "impulse" buying? Accessories, jackets, decals, chrome/aluminum polish, art as in posters, cards,ect?

With the season opening now, I'd like to get it ready for the April takeoff.

Your feedback would be greatly desired.
Thanks to all of you...

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
No idea, but I wish you all the luck in the world ovni, hope it works out for you :thumb

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No idea, but I wish you all the luck in the world ovni, hope it works out for you :thumb
That was my thought yesterday. Soon after my post, I received a call from my employer, and I'll be flying to Anchorage for an extended work assignment.

The vending thing is still a vision, though. I've talked to some of these guys and the income potential is very good, especially with some of the bigger events and festivals. Offers for some real good down time, too, in order to pursue your own endeavors.

I was prepared to venture in the market at Bonneville last year, but the darned rain wouldn't let up. The event was postponed and eventually canceled due to a salt lake. I still have all of my designs and cut decals for that event.

It would have been great to see and experience DiSalvo on the Rocket breaking 400mph......

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
If I've learned anything from motorcycle shows, it's that it's important to have half-naked girls at your booth.

I can assist with the screening process for the girls if need be.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
If I've learned anything from motorcycle shows, it's that it's important to have half-naked girls at your booth.

I can assist with the screening process for the girls if need be.
Ah yes, but you don't have a passport (I hope!!), and anyway union regulations quite clearly state that he'll need a local tester for when he does the mainland European shows - so I claim first dibs on that job

:party

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Pinstriping.
There's a "cruise" night here in STL at a local Sonic Drive-in. And there is a vendor who does pinstriping on the spot. He's very good and I would imagine he makes some good money at it.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Accessories, jackets, decals, chrome/aluminum polish, art as in posters, cards,ect?

That's what everyone else is selling. Your only angle would be to sell it cheaper than everyone else.

But..

I have friends who sell pizza and drinks at music festivals like Bonnaroo, they weren't making much money.

They slashed their prices and started selling huge amounts.. Then the festival folks told them they had to raise their prices because the other vendors were threatening to leave.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Price points have a lot to do with the success of vending. I met a chap last year who put out carnival style funnel cake, and made a very good income.

I've got an idea to do only special events like Sturgis, Bonneville, some of the grand races around Wisconsin and Ohio, ect. There's a lot of impulse buying of souvenirs, and the like, not to mention food....but that's a whole new ballgame with too many regulations.

·
Registered
10,245 Posts
Time to look for deals on chrome-plated skull belt buckles and such? To be modeled by aforementioned babes, of course! :p

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
You have to have something "different", not the same old crap as everyone else.

Impulse items are great if they're priced at a point where people don't have to think about spending that amount of money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts