Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone ever heard of a one-piece seat for the later 955 S3s. It is one of the very few things that I dislike about the look of my bike and I am looking into an alternative seat more like the new S3s (I know the frame is a different size, etc) or even the older (pre 2003?) models.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Not sure exactly what you are asking but:

For the 3 generations you can pretty much swap sub frames and tail sections. I am sure there might be a little fussing to make it go but it should non be that bad.

Have you seen the airtech race tail? Look at the triumph 955i page on their website.

Maybe you need a seat cowl? It changes the look of the bike a bit.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey kmannth, thanks for the reply.

Sorry about being unclear in my original post. Reading it back I can see that I didn't phrase the question very well.

So I have the '04 S3 and I don't like the look of the seat being in two pieces. I also have tried the seat cowl and I don't like the look of that much either!

I really love the look of the seat on the new S3 and on the older pre 2003 models (T509, etc).

I had no idea that the tail sections were exchangeable between different models! That sounds a bit extreme for just getting the bike looking a bit better though!

I suspect that no one has made a one piece seat for my model because of the design of the tail section but I was just wondering.

Cheers for your suggestions

·
Super Moderator
22,109 Posts
... For the 3 generations you can pretty much swap sub frames and tail sections. ...
It's not quite that simple - yes the different subframes will all fit the main frame - and the subframe of course is what carries the tail and seats etc: however the relationship between the tail & the tank is quite different in each case so that is where the main issue will occur.

Recognize that is more than the OP is looking to do anyway - have never seen a one-piece seat for either the 97-01 or the 02-04 Speed Triple (or Daytona whose body parts are the same)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I asked the same question when I got my 02.

I did not like the split seat.

but what ya gonna do?

If you find anything made LMK

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ahhh! I thought those early T509 and S3s had 1 piece seats but now that I look closely at pictures, I can see that they are 2 piece but they kind of join up.

Since the passenger seats look the same or similar, does anyone know if the rider seat from the earlier models is compatible with the 03-05 S3s?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Ahhh! I thought those early T509 and S3s had 1 piece seats but now that I look closely at pictures, I can see that they are 2 piece but they kind of join up.

Since the passenger seats look the same or similar, does anyone know if the rider seat from the earlier models is compatible with the 03-05 S3s?

They are different.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Hi Dracula, no they're different, as I found to my cost recently when I obtained a Corbin saddle which I thought would fit my 02 Speedy, and it comes nowhere near. Our 02-04 Speedys and I guess 02-06 Daytonas don't have many seat options, though DEcosse (the Scotsman?) knows of another outfit that make seats for our years I think
cheers, Pat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts