Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a question about hooking up Widder Lectric-Heat gloves on my '70 TR6R. BTW, this company is having a going out of business sale and is offering 35% any purchase over $50. Anyways, I have used these gloves for quite a few years on my scooter to the point where I completely wore them out and bought a new pair last year.

So, a couple of days ago I decided, in mid 30's degree weather to take my '70 Triumph out and rode it about 100 miles, and my hands were seriously freezing cold to the point I was really getting worried about safety. I kept having to pull over to try and warm up. I was wearing conventional winter gloves (BMW brand) but they just weren't warm enough.

Anyway, I have the Widder Lectric-Heat gloves, and I have an extra wiring hook up to the battery from my first pair. So, they have one wire for positive terminal (with a fuse) and one for negative, these wires are supposed to hook directly to the battery. BTW, the system only uses 20 watts so should be OK with the stock alternator I have as long as I only use the quartz pilot light I'm running, not the full headlight.

So, my question is, do I hook up the wire that would normally get clamped on the positive terminal (on a more common negative grounded system) to my 1970 bikes negative battery terminal? And therefore do I also hook up the wire that would normally get clamped on the negative battery terminal to my bikes positive terminal since this is the grounded terminal on my bike?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have those gloves. Mine can be hooked up without regard for polarity. I would hook up the wire with the fuse to battery neg.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts