Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know what the plastic part of the carb that has a nipple in the middle, and joins into both carbs near the top? why I'm asking is that i did the AIS block, jetting, air box removal, and exhaust. I had the whole bike apart and I don't remember what hose went there. I just left it open for now, and the bike runs fine. I think it was a over flow of some sort, but just wanted to hear from the experts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind i figured it out from the other forums. If anyone wants to know it is a vent for the carbs. Don't plug it bad things will happen. Just run a hose from it to the bottom of the bike.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Glad you figured it out before you plugged it. :-D Some have done just that--plugged the vent--lets you know how much fuel the stock petcock will flow--way too much. :-D

There is a very good write-up on this forum on removing the CA emissions stuff. Go to "Downloads" under Features, then choose Technical Aids, scroll down to an article titled "Removing the Evaporative Loss System by GaryD. He wrote this a couple of years ago, but it should still be accurate.

Larry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts