Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey...
Im a Newb learned to ride a while ago and always wanted a Bonniville as far back as I can remember...

I found a 2002 with 8k miles. Looks real clean and its from a dealer.

He's got me at $4K...
Im a student and its the top end of what I wanted to spend on a bike that will definitely need bags for me...

Any thoughts???
Dave

·
Registered
104 Posts
does the dealer have a service record for the bike?

are they offering any kind of warranty, in case something goes wrong in the first couple weeks/months?

is it a triumph dealer?

will they let you take a test ride?

if yes, then I say go for it. maybe see if they will throw in some bags or at least whittle the cost down a couple hundred bucks. just explain that you are poor but you REALLY want the bike (worked for me)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah they have a great record great reviews... They deal BMW, DUcati, Triumph, KTM

No warranty, which I just dont understand, but they seem like they would take care of anything that was just stupid wrong (Im a naive bastard). I was going to try to get bags along with... KBB says $4.5k... who knows ... Problem with a test ride is the 3 inches of snow we just got hit with...

Im just feeling like I need to give some faith... Just not Craigslist faith

Thanks for the input...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know what part of the country you are from, but here in north central wisconsin there are no used Bonnevilles. So they sell for more than they are worth. I picked up a 2003 T100 last spring with less than 800 miles on it. I had to out bid another buyer and get it for $5400. It has a lot of Triumph extras thou, about $2000 worth. Anyway they are great bikes and I am glad I bought it.:)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Around here I don't know of any dealer that gives any warranty on a used bike unless its the remainder of factory warranty. As far as I know you can't even buy extended warranty on a used bike unless it is still covered under factory warranty.
I would not make my decision based on warranty. Condition of the bike, anything you can find out about its past, thats your best bet.
One thing you can take heart in is that a dealer who has a good reputation didn't get that way by stiffing people on used bikes so if it had any apparent problems they likely would have gotten rid of it some other way if it did.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Bonne

Sounds like a nice bike! Ya might rethink the "Bags" & go w/ a Rennetec rack? Good luck- I hope ya get it! I wouldnt part w/ mine for anything!!!The best bike I EVER had!! And I have had MANY!!

·
Registered
515 Posts
You may want to see if you can get the 1st service or (oil/filter) thrown in before you the sign and get a % off accesories.

We here in snow daily states are waiting for a dry, 40* day to get out at least once.

2002, is that maroon & silver or green & silver

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi Dave -

Kelly Blue Book says the 02 Bonnie should be $4425 (suggested). I bought my 02 (my first bike as well) for $4750 with 8300 miles (also, for reference, it was fitted with aftermarket exhaust and a Corbin seat). Thus, $4000 doesn't seem to be too unreasonable.

Oh, and one more thing: I have zero regrets on buying this bike.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

TBD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts