Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I just got back from the Quail Lodge Motorcycle gathering in Carmel Valley today. It's not a concours, just a celebration of old street and racing bikes. There's also a Bonham's auction being held later in the day.

I took a load of pictures of all kinds of bikes. There were tons of Triumphs there, and I like to use pics of the old stuff as 'styling aids' in customizing my Thruxton to make it look more 'retro'.

Hope you see something you enjoy, or brings back fond mammaries! Here's a link to the pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/BKL93908/QuailMotorcycleGatheringMay2009#

Cheers!
BLIGHT:motorbike:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Show pics

Thanks for posting that....what a wonderful show! Nice weather as well and a beautiful setting for a bike gathering.
We've got one coming up at the World Golf Village next weekend and I'm sure going to be there!
It's almost a sensory overload to see such great restorations and examples of nice old restored, and not, bikes. That purple rig was a knockout.....
Nice Honda, by the way......

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Damn, I wish I would have known about it. I would have ridden down there. Did you see any laverdas?

·
Registered
493 Posts
That looks like fun. I did not see any 'mammaries' in the photos though... just a lot of nice bikes. I think Sturgis may the place for finding fond mammarys :)
Anyway it looks like it was a good day... Thanks for sharing it.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice CB - great looking bike. Did you restore and build it from the grave or get it from an old lady in Pasadena?
Thanks everybody...hope you enjoyed the pics. They canceled the annual event at Half Moon Bay this year I hear because of the 'poor economy'.

So, Quail Lodge and Cycle World put this show together for 2009. I live here and only heard about it at the last minute. I hope they do it again, and publicize it a little more next time.

My CB was a work of love... I saw it in Craigslist for $610. I went up and took one look and knew I had to rescue the old girl. It was really pretty ugly, but a good runner with about 65,000 miles. (Now a little over 70K!) I sourced NOS parts on ebay and from BikeBandit, painted her myself, and voila! A true Phoenix from the ashes!

I asked the seller..."why $610 ? Why not $600? He said the bike is 600 bucks and we're getting a pizza at Dominos for the $10. I said- "Fair enough"

Here's a pic of my brother's cafe's CB750 next to my stocker.

Cheers!
BLIGHT

1 - 11 of 11 Posts