Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive found a set of PVM wheels togo on to my 15r,
Id like to put new rotors on them befor install, has anyone replaced rotors on an R model with PVM wheels?
If so what brand did you use?
Thanks Matt

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I found that and a few others but no firm answers.
Its possible the 05 07 speedtriple rotors may fit.
Id like brembo or galfers if I can.
May wait till the wheels arrive and measure them up.
Thanks Matt

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dont have them and oem are $400 plus canadian each for sun star rotors and yeah they are sun star not brembo.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Once again.I've had/got zero problems with the O.E.M R spec rotors.
Galfer USA doesnt list front rotors for the (12-13)1050 R. Brembo's highend spec rotors will cost you much more than the O.E.Ms and Brembo's entry (Oro) offering are just that, lowend and suspect not any better than stock.

If you plan to keep it and use it as a street bike. O.E.M is the way to go.
If added braking performance is the goal and not just bling. Maybe a MC upgrade is in order.

Try the Oro's and let the forum know your findings.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didnt mean to say the OEM's werent any good,
I dont have them so if they were more expensive than aftermarket ones I'd go down that route.
Galfer dont list them but they do list 05-07 ones which have the same dimensions approximately.
Once the new wheels arrive I'll measure them to confirm offset and bolt pattern.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Other bolt-on possible options from O.E.M
EBC Pro-Lite X Series part# MD679X. There's also an XC series.

You mentioned the Galfer 05-07 have the same dimensions approximately.
How was this approximation done, by measuring which you dont have?:cautious:

Think what you will of Sunstar. Everyone's entitled to an opinon.
I've got no problems with quality Japanese made rotos.Just trying to point you in the right direction.
It's your life,money,ride ect. Do as you wish.
Best of luck with that and keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Chaos,
The info he got about offset, hole pattern and make was from me. I have both sets of rotors for my 05. The original rotors I use on the street and I have another set of wheels and tires for the track outfitted with the rotors from a 2013. I think he is trying to make the point that they are not Brembo rotors and are in fact Sunstar rotors. This is my fault for giving misinformation, I apologize for that, they are in fact, Sunstar rotors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the sunstar rotors on the 10 spoke wheels now, with no issues. It's a cost to aquire them, why pay 400 plus each when galfer or brembo are 300 each.
Dimension are taken from brembo and ebc websites which show 320 od, 78mm id, 17.5 offset for both ages.
All the oem braking components other than the abs unit and rotors on my bike are brembo my thoughts were why not keep get the rotors to match.
Getting another bike with inferior calipers and master cylinder wouldnt get you anywhere.
Once its all together I'll post my findings.
Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was just looking for other options as the oem rotors cost more and not many manufacturers list rotors for the year and wheels I've acquired.
Thats it.
010509speedy did give some help and I did alittle research as well.
Really have to wait for the wheels, which are in customs at the moment befor ordering more parts.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I understand you need rotors for your soon to be aquired PVM rims and your trying to save cash vs buying O.E.M.
Its just that..I havnt come across any vender that will confirm that 05-07 rotors are compatible with the 12-13 R Spec PVM rims.

Speedy. Just for clarification. Are you saying you have 2013 R spec rotors on your 05-07 Triple,with what rims?

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
“Speedy. Just for clarification. Are you saying you have 2013 R spec rotors on your 05-07 Triple,with what rims?”

05 to 07 factory front rim.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts