Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worked late and headed for home at about 0230 this morning. Thermometer read 29 degrees and the street crews had sprayed liquid de-icer all over the roads - that stuff is slick as snot. Anticipating temps down to 3 or so and heavy snowfall & wind over the weekend.

I think maybe it's time to put the two wheeler away for a while... :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
It has already been a nasty wet cold fall here, I’m guessing for a harsh winter, which probably will mean less riding for me as well. It was 29F coming in this morning with a chance for flurries…. I rode in anyway, they aren’t expecting any accumulation :D

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Got a ride in last night to a Christmas party no less. Low teens outside, made for a brisk adventure. Forecast is for four days of snow upcoming. I made a concession to the weather and put the cover on my bike. :D

·
Banned
2,731 Posts
Worked late and headed for home at about 0230 this morning. Thermometer read 29 degrees and the street crews had sprayed liquid de-icer all over the roads - that stuff is slick as snot. Anticipating temps down to 3 or so and heavy snowfall & wind over the weekend.

I think maybe it's time to put the two wheeler away for a while... :)

Geez I hate that road de-icers crud. Why not just spray oil all over the roads?

"It prevent the ice adn snow from sticking to the road." "they say. Great, snow tires are designed to stick to snow and ice, and the snow and ice is supposed to be frozen tot he road surface. Now my tires grip stuff that can't freeze to the road and provide ME with traction.

"It makes it easier fo road crews to clear the snow fromt he road." they say.

Great ,except "to not go over budget" you don't sand or plow until spring run off.

I hate winter.

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
I got one last ride in on Nov. 29. High 30's.
Next day brought snow, that is here to say til late March.
Battery is safely stowed in the basement, bike under wraps in the garage.
Time for the long winter accessorizing search...
:( :rolleyes:

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
I put my bike up a couple of weeks ago after returning it to Maine. I have no intention of taking her out in the cold or ice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts