Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a slightly used Arrows pipe for my XC and put it on...I have the baffle in and I already like the sound much better...

My question is do I need a new tune downloaded just because it's an Arrows pipe? I'm not really interested in the 3 more HP....I just wanted to be sure the engine would be performing okay with the switch......

I put it on for the sound and looks

·
Super Moderator
2,808 Posts
I believe that some people have installed them without loading the correct Arrow map. Also, some other aftermarket pipes can be run with the stock map. Have you ridden the bike yet? I know the Arrow map with the stock can runs like total crap. Also, the correct Arrow map causes a decent drop in MPG.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:) No I haven't ridden the XC yet with the Arrows installed so I can't comment on how it's performing on the road...I was hoping to improve upon the sound which it has from my brief listening session and keep the reasonable mpg too...hence my question if I can keep the stock tune with the Arrows...Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,808 Posts
My guess is, one ride and you'll know your answer. I can't verify whether the bike will be running too lean that it might hurt something though.

·
Super Moderator
2,808 Posts
I'm not sure if you're familiar with the TuneECU program or not. Just get an OBDII cable from somewhere like Ebay or Amazon and then you can load the tunes yourself.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:) I did that with Tune Boy from my laptop for my Rocket III.....worked great....I was just wondering if I have to do anything at all with my XC and Arrows?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Bike will run lean but won't hurt the engine. The ECU will cover that.
You have the exhaust, get the tune to get full benefit potential of that system.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
You do not need the Arrows Tune with the Arrows pipes but it runs better with the tune.
I have run mine both ways.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the Arrow can on my XC and I find it a bit quiet. How does the baffle come out; looks like rivets would have to be drilled out. Would the map have to be changed with no baffle?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:) Mine came with the baffle out and I put it back in...there is a small screw inside at about the two o'clock position....mine was T30 screw head....take out the screw and put a broom handle down into the baffle and work it to loosen it....it's in there pretty good....That should break it free where you can pull it out....I had to tap mine carefully with a hammer to get the last little bit of the screw hole to line up when putting it back in.....It seemed a little loud with the baffle out to me

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the arrow pipe with the arrow tune and it certainly runs rich. After a day of riding the back of the pipe is covered in soot. It also snaps and burbles off throttle (which sounds awesome) but if there was a way to keep the over-run burble but help the MPG... Can you adjust the ECU tune with the ECU tool or does it just load a set tune? I would keep the tune the same above 7000RPM but maybe lean it out below that to help with daily driving MPG.

Sorry to ask 5 questions to your original but I will testify the Arrow tune is RICH!
Cheers-
-J

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:) I wonder if you have the latest greatest tune? When I was at the dealer 3 weeks ago I had to wait while the service tech downloaded the newest tune on his laptop and then into my XC....I don't notice any burbling or snapping noise when backing off the throttle nor does the pipe collect any soot...Did a 1300 mile ride and performance was spot on....

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the Arrow pipe no baffle and the Arrow map. My bike also has an amazing pop and burble off the throttle. I haven't noticed too much soot build up, though not used for longer trips yet.

I had my bike serviced last week and got them to check the ECU mappings. They said I had the right one....so yes, I think the Arrow map runs rich too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts