Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it's possible to put the Commander's wheels and tubeless tires on an LT?

It seems like the options for tubed tires for the LT is pretty slim as it is. I've looked online and can't find much other than the Avons.

I wonder, too, how this change might affect the LTs handling characteristics. I have an LT and it handles great as is. I've not ridden a Commander, but I hear from the reviews that it holds the road a little better because of the wheel/tire set up.

If anyone has tried this or checked into putting tubeless tires on the LT, please chime in. DBrian

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi DBrian, I would suspect that a tubeless tyre will fit due to the fact the wheel/s are cast and not spoke. I have the T'bird Storm which runs same tyre size on the rear, I recently did a tyre change and fitted the Michelin Commander 2 which is slightly higher profile off 55 and not the 50 which was on the Metz tyres. I found the 200/55/17 no difference in general handling nut I like these tyres for the mileage and capabilities.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Barramullafella, thanks for your thoughts on this. The LT's wheels are spoked, so they won't take a tubeless, which is why I'm wondering if I could switch out the wheels. There are a lot more options for tubeless tires than for tubed ones.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whoa, that's pretty cool. I'll look into this.. it seems to solve the problems of needing to change the wheels so i could keep the spoked ones. Thanks for sending that along! DBrian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts