Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Interesting. I'm not an electrical engineer (or even electrically inclined) but that might be one capacitor too many. For my money, nothing beats the lowly copper core plug at an equally low $1.80 each.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Yeah, I'll (possibly) believe it when I see the independent lab analysis. Spark plugs have remained unchanged for so long because a spark in a fuel/air mix is pretty much a spark in a fuel/air mix. The dual-electrode plugs offer some improvement by igniting two wavefronts, but I'm not even sure if that translates into anything noticeable in the real world.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Premium Member
6,462 Posts
All looks pretty dubious to me. They're claiming faster flame front propagatiuon, whilst at the same time suggesting no change in ignition (spark initiation) timing is required. That doesn't make sense. Also, there's no explanation as to why the flame front would travel faster.

'Capacitance' is hardly a new concept either. When the F1 engine boys pick it up, I'll take a look ;)

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another mouse trap perhaps, with a new wrapper!:) No, until it's been given real credence, well it doesn't even exist for our bikes yet - and I've got platinums in my VR6 - so I won't be buyin' any! But I shall observe from a distance and if there did come available a plug, I mighten' wander in one day - with dark glasses and a hat, into the dealer down the road and buy a couple of three! Ya never know that these plugs, and one of those magnet thingies on the fuel line, 'she' might pop a wheelie in third - in fourth with Race fuel!!:rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.