Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am about to pull the trigger on a t120. I am having a hard time picking color and availability seems to stink. I can get a black standard which is a great looking bike but I am not sure if I should get a cinder red or a matte graphite. I also just read in another thread that triumph is now no longer taking orders for 2016 models--not sure if that is true yet. So I am wondering if I should wait for the '17 models. Any idea what colors will be available or when they would announce them?

·
Registered
341 Posts
I am wondering if I should wait for the '17 models. Any idea what colors will be available or when they would announce them?
Yes, wait. New model info generally leaks out by late Summer, so you may get some clues as to color options when that happens.

Bob

·
Registered
259 Posts
If you can wait the six or seven months, wait and see. I got antsy after two weeks waiting and changed my order to an available now color.

·
Registered
108 Posts
It's like wondering whether to buy a new computer now or wait for the next one...

Personally, if you want it now, buy it now and enjoy it now. As the saying goes, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. :)

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
2016 T120 availability is now limited to bikes trickling in to dealers who planned ahead and ordered stock and bikes that were ordered by people who didn't complete the purchase, for whatever reason. A T120 might still be had, but it's unlikely to be in your first choice of colors. So the choice got simple: a 120 now, or wait until October, at the very earliest. Waiting to order a 2017 means a longer wait into the Fall.

I watched these boards for a couple of months, on the chance that some serious problem would surface with the new 120s, but it never did, so I took delivery when my bike came in. I'm glad I did! I think you'll be thrilled with a 120, whether you take it now (Maybe not in your first color choice) or wait.

No help here, right? :)

·
Registered
2017 T120
657 Posts
The only reason I can see waiting is for the usual rebate program/accessory program on last year models when the new come out. That and maybe a bit lower price if any 2016 models are still around. That said, riding it now would be cool as well.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I had contacted customer service at triumph (north america) and he -- after checking with his colleague -- said that you can still order 2016's. I too read that other thread and was curious about being able to order one.

According to the man I spoke to, he said any dealer can order one and have it within a couple weeks. He even went so far as to say that he knows of a couple that are in their warehouse (although he didn't say what colours they were).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I talked to the company in the link and they said that they too have been told that the 16's are done. If you can find one at a shop, that is all that are left and no new orders on 2016s. This guy thought that it would be at least several months before the 17's are out as well. They also do have a cinder red, but not the matte graphine. I'm going up there tomorrow to see what it looks like in person :)

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
I talked to the company in the link and they said that they too have been told that the 16's are done. If you can find one at a shop, that is all that are left and no new orders on 2016s. This guy thought that it would be at least several months before the 17's are out as well. They also do have a cinder red, but not the matte graphine. I'm going up there tomorrow to see what it looks like in person :)
What I found was, they all look better than the photos in the reviews, and on websites when you actually see them for real.

I called the dealer last Wednesday, went to look on Thursday, had it home on Saturday.

They had a Cranberry and Silver just out of the crate, I was lucky called them at the right time, it was ordered for a customer who changed his mind a went for a different Triumph model.

How long is your riding season before the bad weather kicks in?

·
Registered
429 Posts
If what some folks are saying is true (about there being no more orders on 16's), then why did the man I spoke to at triumph tell me otherwise?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I found a matte graphite in St Louis today and am picking it up this weekend :). This dealer also told me that the '16s are all done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts