Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name is Charles and I'm the proud new owner of a 2015 Thruxton Ace SE brought her home yesterday and couldn't be more excited. I have no idea what kind of crowd you guys/gals are but i hope your cool enough to accept another member. I have ridden for many years but fell off the triumph wagon for a bit but I'm back. I used to own a 07 675 for years and years sold it a couple years back and jumped on the Harley crew for a bit had a 11 Vrod muscle but sold it in 2013 and have been bikeless ever since. A week ago i got the itch really bad and made a decision the triumph is the path i need to go. i fell in love with the look of these thruxton's and needed to find a SE asap long story short found one took a long road trip to pick it up and now its safe with me. Question time: I ordered a few BC upgrades and it will be a while until they're back in stock but i need to find out what the heck imma do about this whole mapping issue. in short I'm going to take out smog crap, wrap headers bc Predator full sized exhaust and box elimination hi flow air filters. Ive heard that the arrow tune is good but i read somewhere that doest account for the high flow intake as well as the wrapped headers. my question is is it worth it to purchase the tune boy (had one for my 675) or just get close with the arrow 2 into 2 (stock) dealer map?
Also steering dampener, now i only have 25 mile on this baby but the steering feels a little loose is the BC dampener any good.
My intent is to keep this thing as close to original looking as possible and I'm over the crazy high performance bikes now I'm just wanting this to last forever and be as good as it can be without advancing timing and such to the max. thanks in advance to any help for the noob here.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hi Charles, welcome. You bought a very nice bike! Before digging into it, look at it, polish it, break it in properly and most importantly...ride and enjoy it. Only then, critique performance gains you think you might need through aftermarket parts. I believe all too many of us that modify right off the bat are seeing a placebo effect or otherwise performance increases that are only the result of being broken in. It's tempting to spend your money, but spend more time getting familiar with the bike and what it's capabilities, and yours, are. Enjoy it this summer, and don't worry about what else it needs. I found out anything else it needs, performance wise, is a small return for the dollar spent.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Ive heard that the arrow tune is good but i read somewhere that doest account for the high flow intake
If you decide to tune it (check with your dealer whether they will honor the warranty after a tune) use one of the maps that says Ethanol up to 25%. These maps have richer values to compensate for the higher ethanol percentage and its inability to make the same power as gasoline.

I am running the 20320 map on my 2010 w/ Arrows 2: and all the mods you listed plus more (with addt'l custom tuning for my higher displacement) with excellent results!

Enjoy the bike!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well thanks for the heads up and the awesome greeting. As for breaking it in, I will follow the manufacture recommendation just in my personal experience I have found it best to follow them with mods done asap. And thanks for the heads up on the tune from other forum. I will go check that out. As for manufacture Warantee I don't expect them to honor any Warantee once I break into the ecm. Y should they. But And thanks again for all the info, and the warm welcomes.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Congrats!! ^5 fellow Ace owner! :D

·
Registered
8,097 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Just enjoy it for a bit, wouldn't change it too much, screw up the warranty.

Simple mods though, BC indicators and tail light, fit a steering damper, makes a hell of a difference, got a Norman Hyde on mine.
Biggsy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congrats Charles for your Thrux Ace!
Since i saw answers from a few 2015 Ace LE owners : does anybody know how many units were produced, total? I saw only 325 for US, but grand total? And, by any chance, how many for Canada? My dealer doesn't know...
Mine should be ready by the end of this week.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats Charles for your Thrux Ace!
Since i saw answers from a few 2015 Ace LE owners : does anybody know how many units were produced, total? I saw only 325 for US, but grand total? And, by any chance, how many for Canada? My dealer doesn't know...
Mine should be ready by the end of this week.
That's a good question have no idea on the total units. Congrats on your new ride. I'm loving mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Been a while since I have been on here. Bought my Ace new in 2015 and overtime have done the below mods. Still enjoy riding it and still gets lots of comments.
AI removal
O2 sensors removed/disabled
K & N filter
Air box baffle removal
Hi flo breather(snorkel removal)
TORS pipes
TTP Tune 2 to suit above mods
Ikon 5614 rear shocks
19 tooth front sprocket
150 rear & 110 front (Pirelli Angel GTs)
Bar risers (Genmar)
Centre stand
Rear grab rail/luggage rack

1 - 15 of 15 Posts