Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buzzing! My brand new Scrambler has arrived at the dealer and I pick it up this weekend - black 2007 model (zero miles) with TORS fitted.:D

Many thanks to the dudes on this forum that answered my questions (and allieviated my concerns!) over the past few months.

One quick question - does the suspension dampener lower the seat height much between the highest and lowest setting? I'm only 5 -7 so any extra inches will help!

cheers and thanks again!

·
Registered
425 Posts
I am buzzing! My brand new Scrambler has arrived at the dealer and I pick it up this weekend - black 2007 model (zero miles) with TORS fitted.:D

Many thanks to the dudes on this forum that answered my questions (and allieviated my concerns!) over the past few months.

One quick question - does the suspension dampener lower the seat height much between the highest and lowest setting? I'm only 5 -7 so any extra inches will help!

cheers and thanks again!
I'm 5'6" & don't have a problem, it only adjusts the preload on the spring for 2up or fat bastard.
BTW I've only had mine 3 weeks & have done 1400 kms already, it's all smiles

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm 5'6" & don't have a problem, it only adjusts the preload on the spring for 2up or fat bastard.
BTW I've only had mine 3 weeks & have done 1400 kms already, it's all smiles
Thanks Terry -- yeah, you're right - I guess I'll get used to it pretty quick - esp. if I ride as much as you are!

cheers.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Thanks Terry -- yeah, you're right - I guess I'll get used to it pretty quick - esp. if I ride as much as you are!

cheers.
Good luck you will love it, my XR400 is tall & I have problems touching the ground but the Scrambler is easy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Scrambler shocks

cheers and thanks again!
The Scrambler shocks are longer than the Bonnevilles, so if you are about 5'7" like I am you could put aftermarket shocks like IKON on which are the same as the Bonny ones and your seat height should drop about 1.5 inches and then you should be able to get both feet on the ground like you can on the Bonny, plus you would have much better quality supension components. Dont forget you probably have to do the front as well to stay even. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
There's a saying among classic bike owners that the purchase price is just the down payment. It seems to apply to Scramblers as well. They are great bikes to modify, and great bikes in general. Congratuations!

·
Registered
425 Posts
There's a saying among classic bike owners that the purchase price is just the down payment. It seems to apply to Scramblers as well. They are great bikes to modify, and great bikes in general. Congratuations!
Isn't that the truth, they do stand out in the crowd so it's all worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts