Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at LSL vs Axle Jacks for frame slider protection. I like the position of the axle jack rear peg (top of the rear shocks). Looking for stories of how bikes fare with each and some pics installed.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I am looking at LSL vs Axle Jacks for frame slider protection. I like the position of the axle jack rear peg (top of the rear shocks). Looking for stories of how bikes fare with each and some pics installed.
If you end up going with the LSL. Drop me a line I have a used set that is in great condition if your interested ?

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
This has already been done recently do a search but know the AXLJAK Sliders are far superior to the LSL. Cases will not hit and they have ones for the rear shock mounts also. Bad design, the LSL's are bolted directly to the cases which are nothing but pot metal with #6 chrome bolts. They don't protruded enough to provide protection. If you drop it on the case your going to do damage to the bolt mounting points. The AXLJAK units are bolted directly to the frame at the strongest point on the bike. They are far better made and much stronger. I run them on my Thruxton as do 90% of the Transatlantic Challenge Competitors. If you want maximum protection, then you should go with the AXLJAK Units. Hope that helps in your decision.

Cheers

Jeff:motorbike2:

·
Registered
124 Posts
The AXLJAK units are bolted directly to the frame at the strongest point on the bike. They are far better made and much stronger. I run them on my Thruxton as do 90% of the Transatlantic Challenge Competitors. If you want maximum protection, then you should go with the AXLJAK Units. Hope that helps in your decision.
this looks promising - does the installation instructions come with the units - how easy/difficult it is for a newbie to install them ?

thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
Since we are talking about protection:

1. are there sliders I can attach to the end of the handle bar - I have seen LSL sliders but would it work with stock handle bar or TOMMASELLI DOMINO CLIP/ONS 41MM ?

2. How about protecting the gear shifter or rear break ?

Sorry didn't mean to hijack the the thread :)

D

·
Registered
404 Posts
There are no barends from AXLJAK but MotoTwin http://www.mototwin.co.uk/ does have them and they will fit the stock clipons. The rear disc is protected by the Shock mount slider and the way the tire rests on it's side.

Cheers

Jeff:motorbike2:
Judging by the 1st photo, I'm guessing the muffler would get caned even with the sliders on the rear shocks? I totally agree about mounting the sliders on the casings with the small screws - not a smart place to mount it (from an aero structural engineer!). AXLJAK have the right idea.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Simple View

150 dollars to protect (somewhat) a 200 case, or 175 dollars to protect a 1750 cylinder head and the case (somewhat again). Gee, only one answer makes sense. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts