Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Hope you dont mind these questions, I am going to check out a 95 900 Trophy within the next couple of days and am looking for advice.

Is there anything I should look for specifically?

I have heard the nightmares regarding starter clutches, but as I understand it, if it works, it works. if it dont it dont. Is that true? A Local dealer told me there was no uprated part and no recall? Any pointers to this would be great.

Its got about 38000 miles on the clock?

If it rides well and there are no obvious signs of abuse is friendly ownership a safe assumption?:)

·
Registered
142 Posts
i would say yes. just like buying anything used, you never know what you are going to get. test ride it and if it runs and rides well, buy it. you can't be scared off by stories.

·
Registered
82 Posts
You could check to see if all the nice things have been done to it, or you could buy a really nice BRG 99 1200 that has already had those things done and only has 18000 miles on the clock.

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
The bike has a lot of history and runs quietly.

Do you think 37K Miles is a lot?

37K is not a lot of miles. My last Trophy didn't really open up until 30K miles. Be aware that the bike will need new front springs and a rear shock about now. Other than that the usual check brake pads, vacuum and fuel hoses for leakage, tires.....

If the price is right, go for it.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right continent, but delivery could present some difficulties (price is $4200 for anyone interested)
:)

They were made here :) ..its nice to see they are getting about!..
I have fallen in love with the looks of the older ones. Future classics?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts