Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last night, this morning saw the first snow for me of the winter:)
Finished work at 6am and there was a good 2" of snow covering all the main roads. Things got steadily worse as i waddled home.
A trip home that usually takes just less than 20 minutes took me 1hr and 20 minutes:(
I had to resort to riding on the verges at the side of the road to get a bit of traction.I even passed a few cars that had given up,now that was a good feeling.
I only dropped the bike once just scratched crash bars on one side, scratched heal guard was the only damage.
Thats probably the worst we will see this year.
Now wheres that advert for the knobbly Tires;)

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I've been motorcycle instructing the last 2 days and riding on snow and black ice made me soil myself. I haven't come that close to dropping Tiger for a long while !!

When I'm out in this weather it's full thermals, t-shirt and top, warm jacket and waterproofs. Even with my big thick gloves on the old fingers go a bit numb.

Even though I tell my trainee's to come well wrapped up, they come with just an ordinary jacket, thin gloves, etc.

Then there's my other job. It's been great fun spinning the fire engine in the carparks :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if id seen the forecast and got the bloody 650 MOt'd and taxed, yeah it would have been better:rolleyes:
Mot booked for next week, so bring on the snow:D.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
????? SNOW ????? what snow !! must be the heat coming off Grangemouth refinery thats melting it before it gets to me !!

good job gettin it home and only droppin it once !!

KK

ps it was -4C last weekend

·
Registered
88 Posts
Rode home in the snow on Thursday morning...fluked it.

Washing the salt off this morning and the bike was freezing up infront of me!!!:D

Why do we do it? For that 10min blast of sunshine and dry roads.

Keep safe everyone:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts