Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellas,
Just some quick pics of the Thunderbolt (with a Mill no less!). Slowly but surely...if only I had a million bucks (but what fun would that be right??!!!)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wow!
2 guys in Kansas doing T-Bolts at the same time. (Sorry for the BSA spam, I just HAD to comment!) Looking at your photos, you make the barn I'm working in look pretty shabby! :hammer: Sorting the oil filter installation right now, then it's time for gaskets, re-connect the harness and see how this one fires! Heartening to see another fellow who knows what a heavy crosswind is all about! :-D
Best of luck!

Mike
Kansas, America
60 degrees today and I'm in a pickup! :(

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Mike,
Where ya at in Kans-ass? I am in Horton which is about 50 miles north of Topeka. Take some pics of your Tbolt and post em!!! I would love to see it!!

Have you heard of Steve's British Motorcycle museum in Marquette? He is the one I bought project thunderbolt from. He has quite a stash of project bikes in the back room (just guessing but probably four BSA 441 Victors, all years of Bonnevilles and Daytonas). He is paydirt for hard to find parts as well. The front of his shop is his museum. If you like British Iron, you will be in heaven!

Get outta your truck and on that Thunderbolt!! It is going to be in the upper 60's all next week!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey TravThrux! Good to see your Beezer is progressing nicely. Still giving me inspiration, the B25 is now pretty much dismantled into its basic components... Soon to start inspecting & assessing (sp? looks funny written :) ) the parts. You wouldn't know a spare ´69 rockerbox lying around, would you :) ? Keep up the good work!

And theelderrocker, post some pics, you know you want to!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Trav-
I'm about 6 mi. South of Albert--very, very rural, almost dead center of the State. I was at Steve's this Summer for the Thunder on the Prairie rally. (Nearly all Harleys, but a good time) My old flat-tracking buddies told me about him a while back, along with Stan, who has the KS. Motorcycle museum up the street from Steve. Stan campaigned Harleys a couple of decades or more ago. Steve has tons of stuff, for sure, and more hidden here and there in buildings that I don't think anyone has seen for years. How'd you like the tanks hung on the ceiling rafters in his place?!? Another good source is Bart Otti in Wichita. Tough fellow to warm up to, but he has the goods and sells now on e-bay. Bought and swapped a lot with him in the early-mid 90's. I'll try to get some snaps of the T-Bolt and post them on the BSA board (Deference to the Triumph guys, thanks for the patience here!) You're not far from John Fike- hot shoe BSA racer and ace mechanic-he opened up shop in Manhattan. I'll surely get in at least a day of riding soon-60 degrees in November is like an edict from God to ride, and who am I to argue with that??

Mike
Kansas, America
"And ride with us young bonny lass ---With the angels of the night. Crack wind clatter --- flesh rein bite on an out-size Unicorn. Rough-shod winging sky blue flight on a cold wind To Valhalla."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts