Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone!!

Found a 2000 Daytona 955i in pieces in this guys garage, if i can work out the title issues going to pick up the pieces this week!

The plastics are long gone but going to try to get this Trumpet assembled and running before gethering all the fairing parts together.

The guy with the parts is missing the left-side case cover for the clutch. I priced these on Bike Bandit with all the hardware/internals and it was over $400!! So I found a complete case set off of a 98 Daytona 955i & will probably try to see if this will work...called a couple dealerships and they said they didn't know for sure. I know there are a lot of similarities between the 98-2001 year run and then a redesign in '02 on the Daytona 955i model-anyone know if i'm approaching this rebuild the right way with a 1998 clutch case cover!!

Thanks-will try to get some photos of the rebuild together if anyone's interested!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hi VegasChinios - look up the parts between the two models here: http://www.worldoftriumph.com/

Put the parts in your basket/cart, then view your cart and click on each item to get the actual Triumph part number. This will allow you to see if parts from different years use the same part numbers. Hope this helps and have fun with your project! Throw us some pics when you can.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx!!

Hey Sardinecan-great advice, will check it out ASAP!!

Thanx for the input-I really appreciate it, that's a great looking bike in your sidebar!!:)

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unless ur sitting backwards in the saddle...

Well for starters, the clutch is on the right side :D

'98 covers will fit 2000 engine, regardless of which side/cover you need
NICE!! Wasn't even intending to stunt this thing once its running, my BRAIN must be backwards!! LOL:goofy

Thanx for the input & once I get going will try to post some pics!!!:D

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
S2300177.JPG Here it is-need 2 find a good source for parts for the rear suspension before I set the engine S2300180.JPG S2300001.JPG Having some issues with the front wheel-Put all the parts in there, torqued to 60nm and have about 5mm play from fork to fork, any ideas?? Worked with the Haynes manual and schematics from bike bandit, think I got everything in the right order!!

Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry!!

Sorry about the cross-posting, which forum is best for tech issues?? Thanx. And appreciate the graphic, that's the one i printed up! Could be the forks are bent or i didnt get everything seated right-Thanx again!!

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This forum is specific to the Daytona, so you will get better guidance specific to that model in here.

Can you post some bigger pictures with better resolution?
Especially one of the left side
Let me try to post photos again-guess i'm still a computer illiterate, not sure how to resize!!

S2300003.JPG

S2300013.JPG

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Trying to Post Wheel Detail...

Well, still haven't figured out the front wheel, still side to side play.
Trying to post photo again!!! Thanx!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,934 Posts
Something looks strange with that front wheel photo. The axle looks like it's sticking out way too far. Are you sure it's threaded into the fork leg all the way.

·
Super Moderator
21,766 Posts
Your pics just aren't cutting it :p
It's not possible to tell from the picture but your left side spacer just does not look right.

Don't try to keep uploading same photo - set your camera, phone, whatever to have a bigger resolution and then upload the new photo.

Some basic info for you - the space between the inside of the fork legs is 164mm; the speed sender is what sets the center of the wheel against the right fork leg; then the spacer and axle make up the balance for the left side spacing - but everything compresses up to the right fork leg.

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
The LHS 'spacer' looks more to be three flat washers.(?) If so, I suppose it'd work, but I suggest buying the proper spacer.

Brad

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your pics just aren't cutting it :p
It's not possible to tell from the picture but your left side spacer just does not look right.

Don't try to keep uploading same photo - set your camera, phone, whatever to have a bigger resolution and then upload the new photo.

Some basic info for you - the space between the inside of the fork legs is 164mm; the speed sender is what sets the center of the wheel against the right fork leg; then the spacer and axle make up the balance for the left side spacing - but everything compresses up to the right fork leg.

Okay DEcosse! Thank You!!

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The LHS 'spacer' looks more to be three flat washers.(?) If so, I suppose it'd work, but I suggest buying the proper spacer.

Brad

Thanx for the advice, I think you are seeing wear marks in the spacer, it's not washers-it is I believe the proper size spacer according to WOT web fiche-still trying to figure out what i'm doing incorrectly on attempting to post pics!!:confused:

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gas Tank Suprise!!

Got the fuel tank apart today, didn't have an opportunity to do so before now. Pretty foul inside, fuel pump and inside of the mounting plate gummed up with 1/4" of varnish:eek:

Anyone have ideas how to soak these parts for the interior of the fuel tank in the hopes of salvaging them?? Ideally I am hoping to not have to replace everything!!!

THANX!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts