Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i have posted some to get ideas on putting this theft recovered rs back together after trading for it.first the owner left it outside for 2 yrs after getting it back,so new key set batt.,fixed the wiring,dump the gas and water in the tank,strip the body off and used a gal an half of lacquer thinner to take all the bad repaint off, drooped the body parts off to get fixed and repainted candy apple red ordered a alarm and rotor lock so its coming together Ive have some pics under project 00 tell me what u all think and thank u all for the input

[ This message was edited by: rdg59 on 2006-11-27 19:23 ]

·
Registered
899 Posts
You didn't mention how it runs? I assume it is in good shape mechanically so it looks as though you are off to a good start. Remember to have fun with a project like this. Time to add your own personal touches especially since it isn't new. I cut off the ugly rear fender and made a license plate bracket for mine. Cleaned up the back end nice. Painted the rear foot pegs black and the rider heal guards black and dropped in a Daytona motor all black. Nice contrast black with the orange, removed the RS graphics. I may have the wheels done black this next Spring. Parts are easy to come by off of ebay. Lots of interchangeable from other models. Good luck and keep the pictures coming as you update it's progress.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts